Did you mean: 

Credit Line Increase

tag
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Line Increase

@Anonymous wrote:

@medicgrrl wrote:
JR, there are some cards that are "rebuilders" and won't grow much.

For what it is worth, this card (or account) is not a "rebuilder".  Also, back to my original question . . . will paying off the card prior to requesting a CLI materially influence  or upside the increase?

That card seems to have been "bucketed" by citi that's why it never grew. I would just app for a new one since it's a HP to get a CLI from them anyways. So might as well go for the best citi product with the best bonus. Just charge your monthly Netflix to it to keep it active since it's probably helping your AAoA.

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 11 of 17
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Actually, check out your account page first then look at the Request Credit Limit increase section. If it says "A Credit Report will NOT be pulled" or something like that then go ahead and hit that button regardless of your balance since it's a SP and no harm will be done. If denied then I say go app for a new one as it's been "bucketed"! 10 years plus being stuck at $500 is a clear indication of your card being in that bucket. Or you're just not using it that much, hence the stuck CL.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please do let us know what the outcome was...I'm curious to know :-)

Good luck OP!

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Please do let us know what the outcome was...I'm curious to know :-)

Good luck OP!

OK . . . just went ahead and paid it off today and will request CLI in September . . . will post results here.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it says it will be a SP there is no need to wait. You don’t need to have it Report to the CRAs to count... internally they knkw you paid it off
Message 15 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Agreed with everyone else, Citi gives the sp , soft pull ,language, they wont give a hp..you can hit in and in 30 seconds know where you are. Also agree with JR_TX that it seems that card seems bucketed. Even the most conservative of banks might eventually give an auto increase in 20 years, lol. Id keep the card open regardless as thats a great card for aaolSmiley Wink
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update

AJC, et al.  

Thanks to all for the info and encouragement.  

I let the the payoff "season" over a billing cycle and received a 5,000 increase on a SP (maybe it was "make up" time).  

Now, any advice on how to lower my high 14.99% IR?

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.