Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Milestone Met

tag
Makingstrides
Valued Member

Credit Milestone Met

Happy New Year, everyone!

After reading through a few post I finally got the courage to ask for a CLI from AMEX. Six months ago they denied me because I wasn't using enough of my line of credit. Credit limit was 9K with 250.00 balance. Tried again this month and was given a CLI of 6K!!!!! My credit limit is now 15K. I'm soooo excited! 

Still working on CapitalOne, unfortunately Smiley Sad. I was denied by them in October. Anyone know how long you have to wait before you can ask again after a denial?

Gardening Since 03/2018

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Milestone Met

Congrats on the Amex CLI.  Im pretty sure Cap1 & Discover CLI every month till you get one.  Then cap1 is 6 months after to become eligible again, disco is every month still.

(could be wrong lol)

Message 2 of 7
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Makingstrides wrote:

Happy New Year, everyone!

After reading through a few post I finally got the courage to ask for a CLI from AMEX. Six months ago they denied me because I wasn't using enough of my line of credit. Credit limit was 9K with 250.00 balance. Tried again this month and was given a CLI of 6K!!!!! My credit limit is now 15K. I'm soooo excited! 

Still working on CapitalOne, unfortunately Smiley Sad. I was denied by them in October. Anyone know how long you have to wait before you can ask again after a denial?

I believe it is 60 days after a denial and 180 days after a CLI.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 3 of 7
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the limit increase!

Message 4 of 7
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the Amex CLI.  Im pretty sure Cap1 & Discover CLI every month till you get one.  Then cap1 is 6 months after to become eligible again, disco is every month still.

(could be wrong lol)

You can request a CLI every day if you want. IIRC, Cap1 will not consider a CLI until 60 days after denial. 

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No harm no foul or does every day request hypothetically reset it to another 60days post denial? lol

Message 6 of 7
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations to the CLI!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.