Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank CLI

tag
rprisco
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit One Bank CLI

I have the card, just turned 1 year old, I have a two year old visa also, these are my oldest accounts, the rest were open this year and several old pif personal loans. Anyway, Its a love hate thing for me.

When I got the card, I paid the AF and forgot about it, used the card heavily, they gave an auto cli 100 after 3 months, I'm at 550 now. I never use the card anymore, since I have much better cards and limits now; The fact they set you up for failure, after 1 year by insisting on paying AF in 8.25 a month payments is rediculous, they prey on someone forgetting about the stupid 8.25 and then they collect late fees and interest. My first 8.25 is due to post for my October statement.

I called and asked if I could pay the fee all at once and have a credit for the next 12 months, was told no "we are not a savings account". I do not want 8 to report each month.

As for this card holding us back from getting better prime cards, that also appears true. When I met with the CU manager for my current personal loan, she pointed that fact out clearly and strongly advised that I close it and to encourage same, she increased my visa from 500 to 3000. That was back in March and I've struggled each month not to cancel the card.

Today, I'm trying to justify keeping the card open. FICO does not know the difference, however, it pops up like a huge glaring red pimple on a small nose upon manual review; which for me is routine if I ask for recon on denials, due to baddies and old bk. Plus the annual fee. I will have a bonanza of 2 accounts turning 1 year in April, 5 cards turning 1 year May. Yes it's my fault for opening 6 sct cards, since I carry about 3% utilization, the cl is not important, it's the entire average age of open accounts think for me. Thus I want to ditch this card like a bad date, but afraid of the AAoA hit. The card other wise has been great, pay the bill and all is good, never had any issue other than they only allow 4 payments a month from the app, so I just ACH from checking.

Anyway, sorry to be so winded.

Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 11 of 32
sid33
Regular Contributor

One thing I just learned about CreditOne, they only let you make 4 standard payments a month! I didn't want to do the Express payment ($9.95 fee). Time to close the card.

Message 12 of 32
mcp3ak
Valued Member

Yea that is the only part I truly don't like about it. Sometimes I do the express to make sure it gets paid rigth away though.

Starting Score: TU 591 EQ 590 EX 614 (7/30/17)
Current Score: TU 661 EQ 650 EX 675 (1/1/18)
Goal Score: TU 700 EQ 700 EX 700

Message 13 of 32
sid33
Regular Contributor

@mcp3ak wrote:

Yea that is the only part I truly don't like about it. Sometimes I do the express to make sure it gets paid rigth away though.

I only had a $16 balance, so I guess I'll let it ride this statement period and make sure cap1 is pif. 

Message 14 of 32
althes
Frequent Contributor

Can't you push a payment regardless of what they say.

Message 15 of 32
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 16 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 

They just gave my husband a $200 CLI randomly after he had the card for around 5 months. He's at $600 now.

Message 17 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

So do you have to be military to apply NFCU??

Message 18 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good work.  Congrats..   Agree with Creditmagic, I do.   

Message 19 of 32
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So do you have to be military to apply NFCU??

Yes, or have an immediate family member who was in the military. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.