Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Changing their ways??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One Changing their ways??

I received an offer from them and my DH got an email asking him to come back.  Neither offer will ever be accepted from us.  I looked at the terms on both of our offers and the website.   The lowest interest rate they offer is 15.65.  The fine print states aprs are determined by adding between 12.15 and 21.65 to the prime rate.  Be sure to read the terms and credit card agreement with a fine tooth comb.

I strongly encourage anyone to throw credit one offers in the trash.  If you are going to waste an HP, do it with a credible lender.  If you are rebuilding, don't feel this is the only option you have.  It isn't!  If you do feel the need to pursue the offer, be sure to read the fine print and research what is happening to others who accepted.  The excess fees are crazy.  Most will cancel before the 2ND year fee is charged.   Why bother with a card that you know you have to cancel in 12 months.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One now issues the official NASCAR credit card. It has a range of AF's, APR's, and grace periods. Read your offer carefully, it looks like Credit One is taking steps to become more mainstream. 

Message 12 of 13
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@GreenThumb553 wrote:

So, over the last year or so, I've seen a lot of stuff about Credit One credit cards. I decided to shy away from them, but I applied today for the card.  

Even though it states "Credit limit $300 or $500," they must be mistaken because they approved me for $1500 SL, $49 AF (first year waived), no monthly fee. at 10.49

The APR was set at 10.49%. That's lower then my Cap One card ($5k CL, 29.99% APR)

Maybe they're changing their ways?

Tactics maybe but Sherman LLC (aka LVNV, Resurgent Capital Services, et al) will never be anything but a deal with the devil - stay on top of them and close it as soon as you can establish other good accounts - too much history (Google them) too much blood sucking - they'll never change being a vampire vulture.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.