cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Limit Increase without even asking!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One Limit Increase without even asking!

I know everyone hates Credit One and Premier Bank (Because they’re predatory), but they have helped me reestablish my credit for the second time now when nobody else would accept me (aside from Capital One) unless I had a pocket full of cash right then and there.

I opened my Credit One card in the middle of December with a starting limit of $300.
I soon discovered I am not allowed to make more than 4 payments a month! I called Credit One to tell them how absurd it was to forced me to pay interest, when I could pay it off. I wasn’t rude, but I was firm. I asked if there was any other way I could make a payment. They said to mail the payment (too slow).
I logged into my bank account a pushed a payment to them instead (they’re forced to accept it). That was 2 days ago.
Fast forward to this morning. I opened up my Credit One banking app to see not only did they accept my payment but they gave me a credit increase of $150 after only being with them 2 months. I didn’t request it either.
Not a big deal, but pretty interesting, lol.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: Credit One Limit Increase without even asking!

Congrats on the CLI! I'm approaching my 1 year anniversary with this month and I'm curious to see if they'll bump me up on my next statement.  I'm stuck with them until get out of my chapter 13. 

Message 2 of 12
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRANTS ON YOUR CLI !!!!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLI.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may not have asked for a CLI directly, but you did indirectly. By calling them and mentioning 4 payments a month is not enough for your spending habits, you basically inferred that the CL you have (container) is just not big enough for your needs, and a bigger container might work.

Congrats on the increase. I think the unexpected CLIs are the best ones, where you look at your CL on a statement or website and see a unexpectedly higher number.

Message 6 of 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 7 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 8 of 12
rudolphreindeer
Regular Contributor

Congratulations Woman Very Happy

FICO® Score 8 (Apr 2021)
EX 764 | EQ 771 | TU 800

TCL: $72,900
INQs in last (6 m./12 m.)
EX (2/2) | EQ (0/2) | TU (0/1)
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I know everyone hates Credit One and Premier Bank (Because they’re predatory), but they have helped me reestablish my credit for the second time now when nobody else would accept me (aside from Capital One) unless I had a pocket full of cash right then and there.

I opened my Credit One card in the middle of December with a starting limit of $300.
I soon discovered I am not allowed to make more than 4 payments a month! I called Credit One to tell them how absurd it was to forced me to pay interest, when I could pay it off. I wasn’t rude, but I was firm. I asked if there was any other way I could make a payment. They said to mail the payment (too slow).
I logged into my bank account a pushed a payment to them instead (they’re forced to accept it). That was 2 days ago.
Fast forward to this morning. I opened up my Credit One banking app to see not only did they accept my payment but they gave me a credit increase of $150 after only being with them 2 months. I didn’t request it either.
Not a big deal, but pretty interesting, lol.

Yeah they did something similar with me. I had gotten approved with a $400 SL and the very next month, I received a random email from them saying they increased my limit to $600. I hadn't even used the card yet. Yeah, the no grace period rule is why this card is in my sock drawer. I'm going to wait until month 11 and cancel the account.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.