cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit limit Increase Love

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Credit limit Increase Love

So I was so happy that I got aome NFCU love recently, so I went to see if I can get some Sync love and Citi love. I asked for an cli on my Best Buy Visa. I wish I wouldnt have as they did a hard pull, they countered my request and offered a $500 increase so I took it as it was a hard pull. I wont be asking anymore from them I'll just let them auto as I dont use it much anyway. So that's from $2000 to $2500

I called sync credit solutions and asked for my Wal-Mart card to go from $1100 to $3000 and it was approved.

I do have a question though. With credit solutions, do they ever counter offer? Like if I told them $10k, would they counter with $5k or would they just flat out deny? That way I know I'm not leaving money on table cause I think I am.

On the 28th I'm able to try for a increase on one of my amex cards. Imma do the Hilton Honors card and see if I can get it from $1k to 3k. I ran a little under 2k through the card but its paid off in full.

I also will be eligle on the discover 8th. I been keeping balances low on it and making large payments. Any advice on what I should shoot for?

ETFCU Auto Loan - NFCU CLOC $15k

In My Wallet:

NFCU Flagship Visa $17k
ETFCU Prim Plus MC $5k
NFCU More Rewards Amex $3k
Amex Marriot Business Bonvoy $3k
DiscoverIT $2.2
Amex Hilton Honors $1k

Dresser Wallet:

Wayfair $9k
JC Penny $6k
Walmart $3k
Zales $2.45
Belk $1.5k

Business Accounts:

Amazon Corporate $4.5k
Fuleman Fleet $1.2k
BP Business Solutions $1.2k
Staples $1k
Office Depot $1k
Quill $0.1k
Uline $0.1k

Sock Drawer:

CapOne QS1 $1.55k
Merrick Bank $1.4k
Amex Delta Blue $1k
USAA Classic Amex $0.5k
CarCare $0.5k
PayPal MC $0.3k
Target $0.3k

RIP:

Best Buy Visa $4k (AA)
Sportsman Guide Visa $2.5 (AA)
Citi AAdvantage $2.5k (AA)
Mattress Firm $1.5k (Closed for no activity)
Finger Hut $1k (Closed for no activity)
Home Depot $0.5k (AA)
Shell Gas $0.5k (AA)
CapOne Platinum $0.7k (Combined into QS1)
Credit One MC $0.45k (Closed)
Credit One Visa $0.8k (Closed)
First Premier Visa $0.7k (Closed)
Indigo $0.3k (Closed)
Avant $0.3k (Closed)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Credit limit Increase Love

Yes, Synchrony will counter to the max you qualify for at the time of the request if they cannot approve the full ask.

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

About six weeks ago I went on a Synchrony CLI spree. I requested Amazon Prime from $1,500 to $4,000, approved for $3,400! CarCare from $1,000 to $4,000, approved for $3,500!

Conoco from $800 to $1,600, denied! $1,500, denied! $1,300, denied! $1,100, denied! $900, Denied! $850, DENIED! I thought the LUV had dried up from Synchrony!

A few days later, I received a letter from Synchrony that stated the Conoco CLI denial was in error and I received a CLI of $1,550. I thought, what an odd number. However, Synchrony still LUVs me!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Mar 2020):EX- 689, TU- 665, EQ- 670
What's in my wallet:

On the chopping block:

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Congrats on CLI !!!!!

8-2019 / Fico 8 EX 8013 , EQ 8016 , TR 810
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.