Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one -

tag
M-cloud
Established Member

Credit one -

First and foremost, great forum only wish I discovered it when I set out on fixing my credit

smidge of background
eq 600 from denial letter
boa secured 300
cap1 secured 300
cap1 platinum 500
express 500
vs 500
jcrew 250
carecredit 800

So I jumped the gun when I seen I was able to get a Credit One unsecured card and went ahead and got it. I figured I'd give cap1 a go since I had there secured card for 7 months and pif monthly and got approved for their no frills platinum card. Hey its unsecuerd. And then I found about about the shopping cart trick... Express, VS and J Crew approvals.

Now my question is, can I close this Credit One acct before it has even been activated and avoid all fees? I have yet to receive the card and documents but figure the braintrust here can steer me in the right direction. Read a lot about credit one and would prefer to get out now avoidingany headaches.

That is all and thanks.

btw iPhone really bites well typing here.

edited - fixed my iphone typos

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit one -

@M-cloud wrote:
First and foremost, great forum only wish I discovered it when I set out on fixing my credit

smidge of background
eq 600 from denial letter
boa secured 300
cap1 secured 300
cap1 platinum 500
express 500
vs 500
jcrew 250
carecredit 800

so I jumped the gun when I seen I was able to get a credit one unsecured card and went ahead and got it then I figured if give cap1 a go since I had there secured card for 7 months and pif monthly and got approved for their no frills platinum card. Hey its unsecuerd. And then I found about about the shopping cart trick.

Now ow my question is can I close this credit one acct before it's even been activated and avoid all fees? I have yet to receive the card and documents but figure the braintrust here can steer me in the right direction. Read a lot about credit one and would prefer to get out now.

That at is all and thanks.

btw iPhone really bites well typing here.

It can't hurt to try. I did the same thing at one point, and never got the card. I called and canceled before they sent it, and they assured me that I wouldn't incur any fees.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 5
M-cloud
Established Member

Successful.  Called them up and got it closed without incurring any fees.

Message 3 of 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@M-cloud wrote:

Successful.  Called them up and got it closed without incurring any fees.

Congrats! Thanks for the update!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your other approvals and the successful Credit One cancellation.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.