Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit sesame pre-qualified.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I was on the cap one site and I pre qualified for the platinum card - This is old news however on credit sesame it says I am pre qualified for the platinum and the quicksilver card. Is this accurate can I actually get the quicksilver?Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 10.17.33 PM.png

22 REPLIES 22
tbque
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit sesame pre-qualified.

It looks like it.  However, I think the Platinum is a better option as you can product change it to the regular QS after a couple of months.  The QS1 will be bucketed and is harder to product change.  Besides not having an annual fee the Platinum has more growth potential from what others have said on these forums.

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

QS1 is by far the worst card that Cap has. It’s very difficult to get out of that AF with a PC while the Platinum gets offers for QS and Venture/VentureOne. 

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

While I haven't used Credit Sesame directly, it's likely legit. BUT - since its Cap One you're looking at, why not go directly to their site and pre-qual to confirm?

When I began my credit re-building beginning of 2018, before I was a "myFICO" member, I began using Credit Karma, and one day in January when I Iogged on, it gave me excellent odds on an AMEX Gold and BCP, which - although I found hard to believe as I was just coming out of a bad credit nightmare - I app'd for both the same day and received. No pre-qual, although now I know I could have gotten that determination as well.

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got ya I thought it was a step up from the platinum, Im hunting for another card as I still just have my one secured card and one self lender account. I am afraid of what the hard inq will do to me 

Message 5 of 23
Remedios
Credit Mentor

If you're interested in QS, try prequal directly on Cap One website as suggested above, their prequals are solid.
HP wont do anything, you lose some points, gain a new account, maybe lose a few more, and gain them all back later.
Dont be afraid.
Message 6 of 23
Jannelo
Frequent Contributor

If you went on the Cap One pre-qual site and only the Platinum is popping up, check that you are interested in a cash-back card, and the Quicksilver 1 should pop up for you.  

Open Credit Cards:
Green Dot Primor Secured (5/18) - $450 CL (CLOSED 2/2020)
Capital One Platinum (8/18) PC to Quicksilver (9/19) - $3800 CL
Capital One QuicksilverOne (3/19) - $4800 CL
Merrick Bank DYL VISA - No AF (6/19) - $1400 CL
Discover it Cash Back (9/19) - $2800 CL
Amazon Prime Store Card (4/20) - $10,000 CL
NFCU cashRewards (4/20) - $4500 CL
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards (5/20) - $3500 CL
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card (3/21) - $9700 SL - at 9.65 %.
Experian FICO Score - 8/2018: 528

Experian FICO 8 Score - 9/2022 - 720
Equifax FICO 8 score 2/2022- 692
TransUnion FICO 8 score 10/2022 - 728
Experian FICO Mortgage Score - 725
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Truthfully i dont care much for what card i get at this stage I am just looking for more credit so I can properly build my credit. I only have one Secured card at this point, I thought the Quicksilver 1 was over the platinum though thats interesting news knowing that the platinum can PC into better cards was helpful I will give it a shot thank you and thank you Remedios I know its just a few points but coming from where i was a few points scare me haha

Message 8 of 23
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Truthfully i dont care much for what card i get at this stage I am just looking for more credit so I can properly build my credit. I only have one Secured card at this point, I thought the Quicksilver 1 was over the platinum though thats interesting news knowing that the platinum can PC into better cards was helpful I will give it a shot thank you and thank you Remedios I know its just a few points but coming from where i was a few points scare me haha

I understand completely. I used to have points anxiety, and I still do before new account reports, which sadly is often Smiley LOL

One point down and sky was falling. It really gets better later, and the best part is Cap One wont care about a few points. They will be back soon anyway, especially because of where you are in your rebuild. 

Platinum is definitely better option, as you'll probably be able to PC to QS without AF 

HP is just a price we pay for credit. There are worse things than HPs. If you need a new card, and Platinum would work for you, do what's right for your situation. 

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did it I got approved for 300 Rip lol itll improve soon though

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.