Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit with nfcu- Update Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit with nfcu

I bit the bullet, applied for the GOrewards, got the "were reviewing you application" message... we all know what that means. Bummer.
Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the CLOC easier to get?
Message 12 of 24
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Not necessarily a denial. Ours went into review and we still got approved.
Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No, totally different underwriting department. Most likely will pull EQ. You can call NFCU and find out the status of your cc application. It's not always a denial.

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

CLOC has higher underwriting standards becasue it is a cash account, and is underwritten by a different department. They also pull EQ, so in your case I do not recommend it.

Give them a couple of days - When Navy says they're reviewing, they actually do review...it's not an auto-decline

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a text saying i was approved, expect your card in 3-5 days. But i dont see anything online about it. Suppose I'll just be patient and see.

Thank you for all the replies and information! You all are totally amazing!
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

well, it is listed on my accounts summary, GOrewards with a 1,300 limit!!   so excited!

maybe some of you with experience dealing with NFCU can direct me here, 

im wanting to Recon and ask for 3k, my goal of doing so? to hopefully get a counter of 2k.

I was thinking of calling or emailing and stating something like "im very grateful for the 1.3K but i would like to be reconsidered for a minimum of 3K, to show my ability to use and manage higher limits responsibily and build a strong rapport with NFCU" 

something along those lines.

any suggestions if that would be a good idea, horrible idea i.e. shut up and take what they gave you dude LOL 

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
EQ-604 TU-646 EX-653

EQ: 4 collection (3 being medical)
4 public record
TU: 1 collection
4 public record

36% utl. Of $6931 total credit. (New $2750 in cli's haven't posted)
For the medical collections google the HIPAA Letter Process follow it exactly as laid out. If you have problems finding the website or any questions PM me.
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

well, it is listed on my accounts summary, GOrewards with a 1,300 limit!!   so excited!

maybe some of you with experience dealing with NFCU can direct me here, 

im wanting to Recon and ask for 3k, my goal of doing so? to hopefully get a counter of 2k.

I was thinking of calling or emailing and stating something like "im very grateful for the 1.3K but i would like to be reconsidered for a minimum of 3K, to show my ability to use and manage higher limits responsibily and build a strong rapport with NFCU" 

something along those lines.

any suggestions if that would be a good idea, horrible idea i.e. shut up and take what they gave you dude LOL 

Congrats on your approval.  You certainly can recon the credit limit and the best way to do that is via their secured message system.  Even if you don't immediately get a CLI, you'll find that NFCU is very good at granting credit limit increases after 3 months.  There are specific threads in the Credit Card Applications forum that are dedicated to getting CLIs with Navy.

While you received excellent advice in this thread, normally these types of question asked in your OP are better suited for the credit card forums.  Again, congratulations and I'm moving this thread to the Credit Card Approvals forum where it now belongs.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! IRISH

would it be dumb to try for another card with them? im thinking it would be best to just wait and see what happens with my recon i just sent, but im also thinking it couldnt hurt to try..  any thoughts?

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.