Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditOne Platinum Visa Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CreditOne Platinum Visa Approved!

Become a member of NFCU! They are way better than Cap One. 

Message 11 of 24
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 12 of 24
2b2rich
Established Contributor

It sounds like you're already have a good rebuild going if your score is 649.  I agree with the others on this card, close it now so that if they do report it, it will be a closed account (at the request of the consumer, also).

I have no experience with it other than the red flag I get every time I look at their logo and feel they are trying to trick people into believing their getting a Capita One card.

I don't know why Cap1 hasn't sued them yet, surely they're not affiliated....

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Become a member of NFCU! They are way better than Cap One. 

+1 on joining NFCU and getting one of their cards. But, I still kinda like Cap One for being my first card after BK7. Smiley Wink But I do use my NFCU more than my Cap One card.

OP, Congrats on getting the Discover. It's a great Card and I am enjoying my relationship with them thus far. Yep, drop that Credit One like a hotcake. 

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is nothing wrong with Capital One. To suggest something is "way better than Capital One" is childish.

I'm not going to speak for anyone but myself, if it were not for Capital One, I would not be where I am with my credit health.

They were there for me when NOBODY else was. They gave me a shot, for that I am forever gratefull.

Message 15 of 24
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

There is nothing wrong with Capital One. To suggest something is "way better than Capital One" is childish.

I'm not going to speak for anyone but myself, if it were not for Capital One, I would not be where I am with my credit health.

They were there for me when NOBODY else was. They gave me a shot, for that I am forever gratefull.

***ah, never mind, I see what you mean***

Who is talking bad about Capital One?

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 16 of 24
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Skotyjones wrote:

Thanks for the information Creditaddict! I just applied for Discover, was approved for the Discover It card for $1,400! I will be calling CreditOne to cancel ASAP!

Best move you've made !! Congrats on the Discover, bigger Cograts on killing the vulture...

Message 17 of 24
joltdude
Senior Contributor

I know the first inclination is to BURN/Shred/Fold/Spindle/mutilate/shoot your Credit None...Er Credit One card....

Keep the account number around untill your SURE its reporting closed....

Youve seen the light...... Youve been Discovered....

=)

-J

Message 18 of 24
Skotyjones

I appreciate the feedback. I called CreditOne yesterday and canceled my application over the phone. No confirmation number but stated I'll be receiving a cancellation letter in the mail.
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice! Much better than CreditOne. Make sure to check your pre-qual sites. Especially CapOne and Chase. Again-Congrats. 💥🎉🎈
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.