Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Approval

tag
ambivalent
Established Contributor

DCU Approval

So, I had to get a new car.  I love DCU and decided to apply with them for my new loan.  While I was on the phone with the CSR (who was SUPER nice!!!), he asked me if there was anything else he could do for me.  I said no, and he goes "OH!  I see you have an offer on your account for a credit card, would you like me to transfer you over to the lending department to accept it?  It looks like the rate is 10.5%" Now mind you, I always check when I log in to see if I have any offers and I never see anything!  10.5%!  Now, I know...I KNOWWWW I wasn't supposed to apply for any other cards.  I dont NEED anymore, but I could not turn that down!  He transferred me over and I ended up with 5k at 10.5%.  

I am now *officially* over 100k in credit. NO MORE APPS!!

The score they reported is 704 EQ.  Hope this helps someone. 

Aiming for 700 across FICO 8 and $150K TCL
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: DCU Approval

SweetSmiley Happy

What happened with the car loan? Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 6
ambivalent
Established Contributor

2.24%!  2014 X3.  I'm stoked!  I can't remember the last time I was this excited.  Technology sure has changed since 2008. LOL

Aiming for 700 across FICO 8 and $150K TCL
Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Very nice indeedSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
peghede
Valued Contributor

Congrats on cc m8,,I can't congratulate you on car loan since u got X3,next time buy American I will congratulate you.

Message 5 of 6
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Peghede- ummm that is American. Built in S.Carolina!!!
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.