cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Membership + Visa Platinum Approval

gdale6

Re: DCU Membership + Visa Platinum Approval

Grats on your DCU approval Smiley Happy

DCU is one of the most disorganized CUs I have ever seen. Took me weeks to get everything fully set up and I dont even have a credit card with them. Yes I have seen different final approvals over what was initially said. If it wasnt for the fact they pay 6% on 1K in savings I would have walked away from them a few days after I was accepted for membership.

Message 11 of 14
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Message 12 of 14
cr101
Established Contributor

Great credit profile, and congrats on the approval! Perfect timing bc you'll likely see a CC CLI preapproval in January when they refresh the preapprovals.

I would ask that they explain why the approval changed from $13.5k to $5k, especially if your pay stubs support the salary that you provided. Ask to speak to a mgr. When and how were you told that you'd get $13.5k? Also, was it before they asked for POI?

When I first applied, it was for an auto refi and a card and I was able to get the card limit increased, but only by so much. They said that they're only willing to loan X amount to me for all loans. Maybe that is a factor for you, too.

I also had a recent encounter where I was declined for a CLI, but after I talked to various people and someone who ultimately escalated it to a manager, they approved me for a $2K increase. I won't even get into that ridiculous event. Yet another mishap w DCU, but it worked out for me in the end.

Message 13 of 14
Great_Things_Ahead
Valued Member

Congratulations on your successful DCU membership and approval! A double win!🎊🍾 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.