Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Platinum - $1000 @ 13.75%

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU Platinum - $1000 @ 13.75%

So I actually was not expecting to get approved for this card at all, I just needed an EQ puller to see if my EQ was stuck. It went to review and they asked for proof of income and approved me this morning. 

Its a no-frills Platinum card but it does have a unique feature though - it acts as overdraft protection for the checking account which means that I basically have a new DCU CLOC in a way. No fee for doing that, just the interest. That kind of makes me want to switch to them for my banking. 

As for the limit, they said that even though my baddies are ready to age off in a few months, they don’t give more than $1000 to a new customer with that much damage (repo, 120 lates) regardless of their other cards and that I will likely get a CLI in a year after the relationship has been built. 

So I struck out with Commerce Bank and Citi yesterday but I managed to snag the DCU Platinum at an okay rate and complete my goal of expanding into a third credit union. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: DCU Platinum - $1000 @ 13.75%

CongratsSmiley Happy

I was denied a while back haven't tried again, you know the garden and all😆

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

... you know the garden and all😆

I've heard this place is like an alcoholic's favorite coffee shop -- keeps 'em occupied enough to stay out of the bars. Yet, the thirst remains? 

And Congratulations! @Saeren on your DCU approval. You're in the door. 

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

CongratsSmiley Happy

I was denied a while back haven't tried again, you know the garden and all😆

Thank you Smiley Happy

I expected a denial as well, my EQ was only 659 and they’re known to be conservative, I just have been having issues with EQ and wanted to verify and make sure that it couldn’t be pulled before I got on the phone with EQ. 

They made me take a copy of my disability award letter for the approval which was a bit much since I sent them my bank statement that showed the SSA direct deposit. It’s a good thing I held on to the COLA letter they sent in January. 

The perk of being able to use the card as overdraft protection at 13.75% means that their checking is more attractive than NFCU where I have a CLOC at 15.9% though. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

... you know the garden and all😆

I've heard this place is like an alcoholic's favorite coffee shop -- keeps 'em occupied enough to stay out of the bars. Yet, the thirst remains? 

And Congratulations! @Saeren on your DCU approval. You're in the door. 

Thank you and yep, that’s how I’m viewing it too! Starting that relationship with them now!

Message 4 of 24
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congratulations! It’s so nice when you get the HP on the CRA you expect lol 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your DCU Platinum approval! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 24
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Congratulations! It’s so nice when you get the HP on the CRA you expect lol 

Thank you and yeah, seriously! smiley-laughing021.gif

Message 8 of 24
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your new card 

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Remmy! ❤️ 

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.