AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: DCU Platinum - $1000 @ 13.75%

Superman and Batman are happy you joined the teamSmiley Happy
Message 11 of 24
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the new card. I find the no-rewards cards can be more valuable over time than the rewards cards. In a year, you'll see that number get higher.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Superman and Batman are happy you joined the teamSmiley Happy

*Arrow and Flash Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, i cant argue, Justice LeagueSmiley Happy

Bizarro makes good point. Low apr cards are a great investment. If i ever get another credit card that will be my goalSmiley Wink. Wonder if DCU does apr redux in time?
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bizarrocreditworld wrote:

Congratulations on the new card. I find the no-rewards cards can be more valuable over time than the rewards cards. In a year, you'll see that number get higher.

Yes this one actually makes DCU more favorable as a primary financial institution than NFCU to me because their checking account perks are easy to get (direct deposit and a certain number of transactions for the highest tier) and the card has lasting utility as an overdraft option. Although it’s a bit archaic that I have to fill out a form by hand and fax it when my card gets here lol. 

I noticed that Unify FCU has the same feature for their cards but their checking account offering is kind of meh. 

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, i cant argue, Justice LeagueSmiley Happy

Bizarro makes good point. Low apr cards are a great investment. If i ever get another credit card that will be my goalSmiley Wink. Wonder if DCU does apr redux in time?

I am wondering about the APR reduction too because that 10.75% rate is more attractive but of course it doesn’t beat NFCU’s 8.24% nor the crazy growth that NFCU can have so I’ll probably just keep the card as an overdraft/cash advance card since they pretty much encourage it being used for cash advances. 

Message 16 of 24
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats Saeren!  It's more than just a CLOC. Every year around this time, DCU offers zero fee transfers at 0% for 6 months.

I have this no frills card as well. Thought I'd never use it. It has actually come in handy, when used to meet another CCs spend bonus! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

Congrats Saeren!  It's more than just a CLOC. Every year around this time, DCU offers zero fee transfers at 0% for 6 months.

I have this no frills card as well. Thought I'd never use it. It has actually come in handy, when used to meet another CCs spend bonus! Smiley Happy

Thanks Gmood! After the 💩 yesterday, this was a nice experience. Smiley Wink

Yeah I have seen discussion about those offers floating around here and I agree although NFCU’s 0% for 12 on my Platinum would get first pick still unless DCU lets you advance to your checking which would be game changing lol. 

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approval !!!

I was waiting for the Leo post! Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.