Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Visa Approval with no FICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU Visa Approval with no FICO

Before I came to MyFico and learned about NFCU (which I'll be opening next week once all but one of my balances are zero and my installment loan reports), I started with DCU. My "Loan Suite" never had anything in it other than apply buttons. That changed 2 days ago with preapprovals and such showing all over the page.

I shouldn't have applied. I'm a month away from hitting the 6-month mark on my oldest account. I have no FICO and with 8 new revolving accounts, my best course of action was to sit back for at least a month or two (or 10, or 20) and play the soft pull CLI game until my accounts ripened. Plus, neither of my "high" credits of $1500 Alaska Air nor $3000 Wayfair were showing up yet (well, Wayfair was still showing $500 and Alaska Air hadn't popped yet). I had to decide whether to wait a week until my utilization had that perfect mix or wait a couple of months for FICO and some history under my belt.

That pesky "preapproved" button is so darn hard to ignore.

I pulled the trigger on a DCU Visa and asked for $3000 SL. They requested ID and last paystub. Then, approved. I'm floored.

Data Points:
No FICOs, FAKOs around 600

Total Utilization 16%, 2 cards reporting too much utilization

DCU Checking and Savings, 2 months old, low balances

Good income but no direct deposit yet

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DCU Visa Approval with no FICO

@Anonymous wrote:

Before I came to MyFico and learned about NFCU (which I'll be opening next week once all but one of my balances are zero and my installment loan reports), I started with DCU. My "Loan Suite" never had anything in it other than apply buttons. That changed 2 days ago with preapprovals and such showing all over the page.

I shouldn't have applied. I'm a month away from hitting the 6-month mark on my oldest account. I have no FICO and with 8 new revolving accounts, my best course of action was to sit back for at least a month or two (or 10, or 20) and play the soft pull CLI game until my accounts ripened. Plus, neither of my "high" credits of $1500 Alaska Air nor $3000 Wayfair were showing up yet (well, Wayfair was still showing $500 and Alaska Air hadn't popped yet). I had to decide whether to wait a week until my utilization had that perfect mix or wait a couple of months for FICO and some history under my belt.

That pesky "preapproved" button is so darn hard to ignore.

I pulled the trigger on a DCU Visa and asked for $3000 SL. They requested ID and last paystub. Then, approved. I'm floored.

Data Points:
No FICOs, FAKOs around 600

Total Utilization 16%, 2 cards reporting too much utilization

DCU Checking and Savings, 2 months old, low balances

Good income but no direct deposit yet

Congratulations. DCU is great. Their even better in branch.

Message 2 of 8
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Awesome 👏 congrats op
Message 3 of 8
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats! DCU is awesome. I'll use them for personal banking and never had any issue.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations Federalist on your DCU approval!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is amazing! Congratulations!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome! Congrats!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your DCU approval.
Been with them a year since getting an auto refi. So far everything's been good
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.