Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU credit card approval

tag
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Re: DCU credit card approval

@Priory_Man wrote:
Congrats on the approval, time to garden and work on getting the IT card paid down to the 30% UTIL mark, you will see an increase in your scores when you do that.
Good luck on the rebuild.

I got the Discover IT card down to $664 out of $2200. I made a nice payment the other day. 

Message 11 of 16
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

Approved for $3,000 unsecured Visa platinum, basic card with DCU.

Was very surprised to receive an approval.

Still struggling with about 615 FAKO score and about 635 FICO (provided by Discover) on my Transunion. Other CRAs are a little lower, I think 599 FAKO (Equifax) and 605 FAKO (Experian).

This is my first CC approval that is a non-store card since Sept. of 2017 when I got a Discover IT card with $1,800 limit (now auto upped to $2,200).

Have been getting declined left and right due to Dec. 2016 BK (chapter 7) and likely also due to low scores and carrying balances each month. 

I am trying to pay down some cards, but Discover IT card APR is about 20% and I still owe about $1480 on it.

Now that's a quality card. Congratulations Smiley Happy You're doing a great job of turning things around.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not bad at all! You got three times the limit I did on mine!

I like DCU a lot so far. I threw a $5 Amazon GC on my card on Friday when I got it and it showed up posted this morning. I transferred the $5 from my checking and it immediately went to the VISA knocking it down to $0. 

NFCU immediately debits my checking but takes a day or two to post it to my card, it doesn’t even show as pending, so the DCU instant transfer is nice. 

Its also nice that they don’t have a higher cash advance APR. 13.75% makes it a very nice option to avoid overdraft and they have a form that you can fill out to make the credit card your checking overdraft protection. 

Don’t forget to park $1K in their savings - 6.17% APY up to $1K!

Message 13 of 16
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:
Hi,
Thanks! Just trying to pay down these cards, and be more responsible with them and use them less
Also have a UW Credit union card at $750 out of $1500

It was a cold application after reading a lot of good comments about DCU on these forums.

What does in the garden mean?

Congrats. But you just missed it - DCU was offering a 12 month 0% balance transfer through Jan. 31. Hopefully they'll offer it again before too long.

In the garden means not applying for any new credit. I've always been a poor gardner. Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 16
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Oh man I definitely would have liked a 0% balance transfer!!

And also, I did not know about the 6.17% savings rate!!!

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 6.17% was told to me by the rep when I was done talking to UW and they sent me over to get the rest of my membership taken care of. 

DCU actually has some rather competitive rates across the board. I compared DCU with my other CU, SSFCU, and DCU kills them across the board plus their relationship benefits for banking are pretty killer too. Definitely look at their offerings outside of credit cards, they have some perks that have me test driving them as my main FI. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.