cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU for the Win!!!

tag
brosiagirl

DCU for the Win!!!

Hi everyone! I've been a member since August but this is my first post and I felt compelled to share my sucess.

This community has been so helpful and I realized now, I didn't know as much as I thought I knew about credit.  I filed backruptcy back in 2011 mainly to get out of a house I had just purchased before the market crashed.  Sadly, I still didn't know proper credit management and got a few dings afterwards.

I had been able to credit from Cap 1, Credit 1, Merrick Bank and a couple department store cards over the years, but no high limits and no great rates.  Finally, in February of this year I just dedicated myself to credit repair. I paid off my collections and paid off all of my cards and using my credit responsibly. I kept seeing my score improve gradually. Last month I had pre approvals for Kohls and Lane Bryant, both with $600 limits which I was okay with because I don't want to carry large balances and I really only wanted to cards for the rewards programs. This month I had on old first premier card finally fall off, with several baddies.  My score jumped!  I had been reading up on all the success people have been having with DCU- credit union and decided to join with their checking and savings.  I applied for their lowest interest credit card and was approved with a 10k limit!  I've never had a limit this high! I'm so thrilled.  I'm thinking of using my same inquiry to see if they will give me the rewards card as well.  My bankruptcy is to fall off in February 2021. I plan to garden for a while my goals for next year are the Chase amazon and Chase Freedom Unlimited.  So grateful for you all and excited about my new approval!

20 REPLIES 20
AnimatorProcrastinator
Regular Contributor

Re: DCU for the Win!!!

Congrats! DCU is a great credit Union!

Message 2 of 21
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 3 of 21
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your DCU approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 4 of 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 5 of 21
dudefromtx
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval and nice SL too!

Message 6 of 21
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Welcome To The Forums!

Congrats! on turning the page with the success from DCU.

Message 7 of 21
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your DCU Plat approval!!! Your hard work is paying off.

Message 8 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your new DCU card!!! and welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 21
Conceptual23
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on the approval. 

Starting FICO 8s | 06/2018: EX 601 ✦ EQ 605 ✦ TU 590
Current FICO 8s | 9/2022: EX 732 ✦ EQ 739✦ TU 743
2023 Goal Score: 760+

Business Cards:

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.