cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DD Disco Approval! Her first line of credit.

tag
JNA1
Valued Contributor

DD Disco Approval! Her first line of credit.

My daughter recently turned 18, and is starting college in the fall. When I first learned about this forum nearly 2 years ago, I added her as an AU on a couple of my cards. Fast forward to now, we signed her up for a Credit Karma account just see if she had anything in her profile. To my surprise because of the nearly 2 year payment history, her TU Vantagescore was 748. We did a few prequals, and Disco gave her a preapproval for the Student It and the Chrome Card. She applied, and they gave her a $1500 unsecured credit line. 

I explained to her that she is off to a start in her credit journey that many people could never get. She's going to use to and pay it off month like she's being doing my cards for a while. 
Then she asks "Hey Dad - if one of the other cards has better cashback than mine does, can I still use yours?"  
I won't lie - it almost brought a tear to Dear Ol Dad's eye! 😂😂0377186A-CBA5-4CD0-B05C-253D9A35AC0A.jpeg

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Re: DD Disco Approval! Her first line of credit.

Congrats to DD's Discover approval

Message 2 of 19
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations to your daughters Disco CC approval!!

Message 3 of 19
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Super cool news for you and DD. 

She's gonna have a myFICO account next 🤣

Cheers to yours!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 4 of 19
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats to DD on the Disco approval!!! You got her started down the right path.

Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 19
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on two counts: one, your daughter's Discover approval and, two, you (and I'm assuming your wife) raising her to be financially responsible. She sounds like she's off to a great start!

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 6 of 19
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Congrats to DD! 

My daughters too started with Disco. 

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 7 of 19
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@SoCalGardener wrote:

Congratulations on two counts: one, your daughter's Discover approval and, two, you (and I'm assuming your wife) raising her to be financially responsible. She sounds like she's off to a great start!

Yes, she's taken an interest in learning about it and she saves a lot good bit of her money from her job. The only sad part is for me that she'll probably get a Discover CLI before I will! 😂😂

Congrats on yours, BTW! 👍

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 8 of 19
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your DD's Disco approval.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 9 of 19
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on DD's Discover approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.