Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DH Discover Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH Discover Approved

Omg you guys!!! I had to tell someone about my DH Discover IT approval! I was looking at our updated Discover Score Card and saw that his had a link asking him to consider a Discover IT card. I scroll down to the bottom and see a set APR. We are in the market to nix his Cap 1 secured card that will not graduate and his Credit one card as well. So I figured, this is worth a shot... filled in all the info on the App, about 30 seconds later it spit out a Congratulations screen! SL is 1200... no that's not anything to most on this board but we are cleaning up his credit and this is a huge victory!

Now for the nitty gritty:

about 11 inquiries in the past year

pulled Ex and score is 634 according to their score card 

utilizing 17% of credit

aaoa is about 2 years

Thanks for reading, and thanks for everyone posting on this board... I swear I would have a 495 credit score forever if it wasn't for this forum. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: DH Discover Approved

Considering the circumstances and current lineup.... that's a HUGE approval coming from crap1 and credit1 Smiley Happy

Give it 90 days to see if you see an auto CLI and then hit the button to request one.  Sometimes you can get a double dip where they auto give you xxx and you hit the button and there's more money sitting there waiting to be snatched up.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

His profile is not what one would expect Discover to approve at all. Fairly high inquiries in a year, utilization is over 10%, his score is one of the lowest I have seen approved, I mean... the list of negatives goes on and on here (sorry Hubby, no offense). His foot is in the door, and hopefully it will grow. We are really shocked and grateful for a decent card to kick credit one to the curb. 

Message 3 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats Awesome! Congrats to DH, its a really good card and even better profiles have trouble scoring it so enjoy.. Now have fun picking the color Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice Disco approval that'll surely help with the rebuild. Good time to nix the Credit One
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's funny you said that about the color AJC! I 100% did not think it would have been approved so I didn't even try to pick a color! We skipped that section completely. I was more so applying for him to serve as a data point for if a set APR was a good sign even with a poor profile. (Stupid maybe, but we were feeling adventurous) so he will be getting whatever the standard color is.
Message 6 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Dont worry about the color, you can change it easy enough. I havent done so yet but i think you can have a couple at same time. When you receive it, i believe you can either call or go online and get the color you wantSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Oh, and of course getting IT is the most importantSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
Legal_Girl
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!! I love Discover.  I didn't pick my color either, so maybe he will get the PINK card like I did!!!

Homeowner Again as of July 17, 2014. Thanks to the VA and NFCU. FICOs EQ - 786/EX - 782/TU - 778/Quicksilver $3,500 / Cred 1 $2,875 / 1st Natl $4,250/ Kohls Visa $5k / Mercury MC $5,850 / NFCU Visa Sig Cash Rew $27k/ Lowes $25k / Best Buy Visa $11k/ NFCU LOC $15k / Walmart MC $7.5k / Chase Freedom Unlimited $1,500 / Discover IT $27,000 / Discover IT Chrome $21,500 / Citi DC $7,300 / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $17,500 / Citi Simplicity $18,500 / Citi Premier $8,200 / Care Credit $10k/ AMEX Gold - NSL / Chase Sapphire Preferred $20,500
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.