cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DID NOT expect a Discover It APPROVAL!!! (update pg 2)

tag
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: DID NOT expect a Discover It APPROVAL!!! (update pg 2)

Congrats

Message 21 of 28
raisinitup
Regular Contributor

@PleioneG wrote:

Oh wow. I told myself that I wouldn't app for anything until 2014 because I was so sure I wouldn't qualify for anything until then. Yet recent events has enabled me to just... do so anyway. I figured why not. I went over to Discover It... submitted the application...and bam. Instant approval. I'm shaking. I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS.

I don't know what my credit limit is but I am just shocked they APPROVED THE APPLICATION!!! AHHH I'm so excited!!! Is Discover It a good card? What can I expect?!?!? If I was approved for that, what are my chances with Chase Freedom? I'm so giddy. Ahhhh

edit: It was a 1,000 instant approval. Wow! It's not my highest CL ( Amazon is presently ) BUT IT'S STILL amazing! YAY!

edit: currently pending decision for chase freedom. guess we'll see where that goes.

edit: $500 conditional approval once we do the verification Monday. Could not have done it without MyFico forums. Smiley Happy Thank you all SO MUCH!

Do you know who Discover pulls ? I'm in FL and really want to apply but I'm thining for 630 EQ may still be too low :-(

12/11/12 Starting Score EQ FICO - 583/ TU FICO - 615/
4/1/13 - Lender Pull - TU - 645 EQ - 675 EX 712
Each One - Teach One
Message 22 of 28
Bobert22
Contributor

@kmathies wrote:

@PleioneG wrote:

Oh wow. I told myself that I wouldn't app for anything until 2014 because I was so sure I wouldn't qualify for anything until then. Yet recent events has enabled me to just... do so anyway. I figured why not. I went over to Discover It... submitted the application...and bam. Instant approval. I'm shaking. I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS.

I don't know what my credit limit is but I am just shocked they APPROVED THE APPLICATION!!! AHHH I'm so excited!!! Is Discover It a good card? What can I expect?!?!? If I was approved for that, what are my chances with Chase Freedom? I'm so giddy. Ahhhh

edit: It was a 1,000 instant approval. Wow! It's not my highest CL ( Amazon is presently ) BUT IT'S STILL amazing! YAY!

edit: currently pending decision for chase freedom. guess we'll see where that goes.

edit: $500 conditional approval once we do the verification Monday. Could not have done it without MyFico forums. Smiley Happy Thank you all SO MUCH!

Do you know who Discover pulls ? I'm in FL and really want to apply but I'm thining for 630 EQ may still be too low :-(

I live in Rhode Island and they pulled EQUIFAX for both my application and my mother's application. 

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Message 23 of 28
raisinitup
Regular Contributor

Hmmmm, thanks for the info - my scores are in my siggy and I just added a 6k NFCU visa to the 4 store cards I have already. I would really love a Discover - and EQ  is my strongest score (635). I do have 4 inquiries in the last 2months - do you guys think I may have a shot ? Should I go with the walmart version or a different one ? 

BTW, my visa hasn't started reporting yet. It's my only prime card. 

Each One - Teach One
Message 24 of 28
Bobert22
Contributor

@kmathies wrote:

Hmmmm, thanks for the info - my scores are in my siggy and I just added a 6k NFCU visa to the 4 store cards I have already. I would really love a Discover - and EQ  is my strongest score (635). I do have 4 inquiries in the last 2months - do you guys think I may have a shot ? Should I go with the walmart version or a different one ? 

BTW, my visa hasn't started reporting yet. It's my only prime card. 

What is your AAoA. and income? 

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Message 25 of 28
raisinitup
Regular Contributor

Income is $45K with just me and HHI is 105K. AAOA is 6 years. 

Each One - Teach One
Message 26 of 28
beb86
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the It and Freedom approvals!!!! Discover has the best CS IMO

Message 27 of 28
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the Discover Family.  It is a great card I think, I just got one too this year.  I had to recon mine and recon the Chase Freedom card too.  I got $1K on Disco and $500 on Chase, which I think seems to be the standard for most of us in the same realm! 

I got the 10,000 points offer on the Chase. 

Discover pulled my TU and I am from Florida too. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.