Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER AUTO CLI after denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DISCOVER AUTO CLI after denial

i opened a secured discover card in March of 2017. first statement cut in April. after October statement, they garduated my secured card from $500.00 to $1500.00. i hit the CLI button in december and was denied, again in february & was denied. statement cut 3/13/2018 so i decided to try one more time yesterday and they denied it again. this morning i wake up and my limit is raised to $2200.00. not much of an increase but I will take it.

anyone have any suggestions or comments on what i should be doing next?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DISCOVER AUTO CLI after denial

The thing with Disco is that they want to see usage and pay on-time. Mine started at $500 back in 2015 and never used it. Got auto CLI about every 8 months but my requests using the luv button were all denied. Last month i started using it (gas) and the next day my CL was increase to $6k from $2k.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Four months after getting my Discover CC with a SCL of $13.5K I requested a CLI and was granted $4100, the next increase would take almost a year and that was $3K, then a six month wait for $1500.  I plan on trying again next month. Utilization was 16%+, now below 5%, It gets a lot of usage.

Message 3 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

i opened a secured discover card in March of 2017. first statement cut in April. after October statement, they garduated my secured card from $500.00 to $1500.00. i hit the CLI button in december and was denied, again in february & was denied. statement cut 3/13/2018 so i decided to try one more time yesterday and they denied it again. this morning i wake up and my limit is raised to $2200.00. not much of an increase but I will take it.

anyone have any suggestions or comments on what i should be doing next?

The famous Discover double-dip. Many have reported that immediately applying for a CLI within 24 hours after an auto-CLI gets you a second CLI.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tied but it said no.
Message 5 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
I tied but it said no.

Sorry

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that info. Will try to do it in the future.. way future.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disco will grow your already in put some spend and sit back. Smiley Very Happy good job btw

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the auto CLI; Disco is kinda everywhere with increases
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, thats a limit that could be somewhat useful.  

I got mine in March 17 as well, graduated at 7 months, but no CLI and have been stuck at the 200 starting limit since opening day.  I have used it alot and left it alone for several months. Not sure what the pattern is, but it was nice to have a secured card with rewards when i first started out.  After the gas 5% this quarter, i'm just going to SD it since it wont grow. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.