Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER IT APPROVAL $6.5K SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DISCOVER IT APPROVAL $6.5K SL

Hey there everyone I've been on the forums all weekend since my PenFed Approval on Thursday 12/18 and decided to take a chance on Discover since they pull EQ. Low and Behold tonight 12/20 I got my first Discover card. The total amount of credit extented to me between both card is $35K How long should I wait for a CLI?Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 10.43.47 PM.png

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DISCOVER IT APPROVAL $6.5K SL

WOW Congrats. This may sound weird and creepy but I'm pretty sure we apped at the same time. Because I just got approved for the same limit $6.5k and also just made a thread about it hah!

Good stuff. Let's hope that Discover Data Points thread proves to be fruitful in the coming months Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes lets lol! I can wait to earn that CLI. Good job. Whats the next card your apping for?

Message 3 of 10
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes lets lol! I can wait to earn that CLI. Good job. Whats the next card your apping for?

Funny enough, I'm going for PenFed Platnium Rewards next (possibly Promise if denied)!!! I'm just waiting for my NFCU CC to report so that when I apply to PenFed they'll try to match my NFCU limit ($13k). At least I hope that happens and that's the plan.

If I have a successful PenFed App (which may be iffy given my baddies), then I think I'm done and in the garden for the next 6 months when I app for a used auto loan.

*Of course I'll be gunning for those CLI's via SP on all my tradelines!

How about you? Anything in the near future?

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I just did some soft pull CLI increases Amazon has granted me $1000 so 2000 > 3000 and Cap 1 granted me $1000 500 to two cards each $900 > $1400 and $1750 > $2250. All of my other cards denied me including my first cap one card they seem to want to keep me at $750. Also, I just PIF an old 2011 Amex debt $960 and applied for 3 different cards and was auto denied so I don't know what else to apply for so I guess I'll be gardening for 4-6 months before I reapply. Thankfully now I have an additional $35K on my CR I'm gunning for an Amex Gold or Chase in the future.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Congrats on getting in with Discover, and a nice SL, too! Your Penfed approval is also amazing! Most peeps wait three months before they request an increase, but the earliest that I have seen on these forums, with an approval, is around 65 days.  Your successes have been plentiful - Enjoy! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations and Welcome to the Discover Family! You're gonna love this card! Smiley Happy  Awesome customer service, Discover Deals, card perks. Yep, you're gonna love it. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That is an awesome SL. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.