Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER IT APPROVAL BUT LOW SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DISCOVER IT APPROVAL BUT LOW SL

I finally got in the door with Discover. I bank with chase which i have my biggest limits with so I thought Discover would come in with a larger SL. Bummed out but glad to be in with Discover since I have been reading here about the SP for CLI. My question to the forum is should I be concerned with the low SL(being bucketed) or is this a routine thing for discover. 

43 REPLIES 43
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: DISCOVER IT APPROVAL BUT LOW SL

Congrats on the approval . Disco is a strange bird, some have a lot of luck increasing with them and others it's a slow process.  I started out with 1K and they were very stingy with clis and it took me awhile to move,  I finally had to combine cards to get a decent limit with them and it's still not in line with my other cards. But yes discover will do Sps for CLIs.

You seem to have decent cards, may I ask why you are still holding open sky and credit one and those over priced catalog cards? You certainly have some prime cards and may want to cut them loose.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 44
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No, i dont think its bucketed but it seems Disco had some concerns with your credit history. Looking at your siggy, you have some nice cards but why do you still have a Credit One and Open Sky? That tells me something has occured negatively somewhere in your profile of that despite your monster Chase limit, you maybe somewhat new to credit. Either way, it should grow.
Message 3 of 44
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval. Well I’m sure everyone is going to ask my same question. What is your data. Your real FICO score not fako score from CK or any other source, you utl? I started out with them at 7,500 and just got my recent CLI on my 5th payment posted at 2K new CL is 9,500. So it can grow if you want it too. Good luck and etc. you do have quite a bit of new accounts so you may want to say when you appd for those too. They may not be new but, you know what I mean.
NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 10,000 | Discover 17,000 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=757 | EX=760 | TU=771scores and CL current as of 08/22/22 AAoA years 6 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 4 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

The opensky card was my very first card back in july 17, and credit one came the next summer in my building process. 

Message 5 of 44
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

The opensky card was my very first card back in july 17, and credit one came the next summer in my building process. 

Closing them will not hurt your AAOA these will report up to ten years.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You can close both of them if there are no reasons to actually use them for a purchase.

Message 7 of 44
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your Discover Approval.

One reason you could be getting low limits,

If you have applied for to many cards in a short time period of time, Or to many new acounts in the last year or two..

without knowing your credit profile?, It's just a wild guess.

Message 8 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores from myfico are

Ex= 673

Trans= 729

Ex= 665

util= 19%

Message 9 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I seriously thought that they would hurt my AAoA so I charged 20 each mth but thanks so much for the points

Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.