Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER IT APPROVAL BUT LOW SL

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: DISCOVER IT APPROVAL BUT LOW SL( UPDATE- CL DOUBLED IN 4 MTHS)

@Anonymous wrote:
How often can you be approved for CLI with Ms Disco?

You can apply as many times as you want. However, you're only approved if/when Ms Disco deems you're approved. No one, and you will find that in a many posts here, knows the why or why not, or when Disco will approve a CLI. It is all dependent on her whim. Smiley Wink

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 41 of 44
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Read your other post at https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/DISCOVER-STARTING-TO-GROW-DD-ACTION/m-p/58316...

Your initial approval was 1K... thats slightly concerning for a Discover card....means Discover had some concerns with your profile..

You *can* ask for a CLI every 30 days (even more , think its almost every day if you really wanted, but they will use the SAME score that they already pulled for your account FICO)...(So if your trying again, id do it AFTER your score updates) But do realize you will usually get a letter every time you try for a CLI (in the mail) and they do add up.... 

You will likely not get a CL every 30 days... You did seem to get the possible 3month auto CL with a double dip.....  which is a good sign...

If you have the patience, id wait 3 months from the last one, or longer between clicking the button....

If not, at least wait until the thing updates your score... 

-J

Message 42 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im sure its becuz of all the cc I opened within the 6-12mth timeframe. Im in no hurry to get another but was wondering how often I should be expecting a successful increase on my IT card. Monthly sounds decent to me but Im sure they have people who hit the luv botton more often. As always thanks for the input!!!
Message 43 of 44
joltdude
Senior Contributor

And what i mean by when it updates, I mean the FICO score they put on your account statement... it actually tells you what day they pull it monthly.... its usually the same day every month they pull it ... before your statement generates.... they use that score to determine CLI eligiblilty.. (with the rest of the secret sauce) ... 

As to how likely youll get one... Miss Disco is not very predictable... A bit ditzy on the CLIs... But I *do* know if your scores do go up that doesn't hurt... =)

-J

Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.