Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER IT Approval

tag
bman86
Regular Contributor

DISCOVER IT Approval

I’ve had a discover IT secured card since Oct ‘17. I got a pre qual offer which I thought was weird since I already had a card. Checked online same result I was pre qualified for the IT cash back.

I figured I’d apply since my secured card never graduated. Applied, was asked to call due to a fraud alert on my profile. Approved for 5k limit. Which is awesome but now I have two cards one with a $200 secured limit and now a $5k limit.

That seems silly to me...is it possible to merge the accounts?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DISCOVER IT Approval

You can merge them if it's been open over a year....yes

You have to be eligible for a CLI (don't accept it and call in to merge them)

Once done, and the kept account hits 1 year of age you can then apply for another 2nd account if you want to collect the double cash back again for anoter year.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! 

Message 3 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 4 of 9
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  on your Discover IT CashBack approval and the Very Nice SL - YOU are on your way NOW!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 5 of 9
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new Disco!

Message 6 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

You can Disco for 2 or soloSmiley Wink.
Message 7 of 9
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Once done, and the kept account hits 1 year of age you can then apply for another 2nd account if you want to collect the double cash back again for anoter year.

Congrats OP, sure beats the heck of that sc.

@Obsure-Expert  hmmmm, that's cool...didn't know that, glad you posted.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 8 of 9
joltdude
Senior Contributor

If I read the op correctly he wants to merge the secured and unsecured disco... That's a nope . You can either wait for it to unsecure and then the cli thing and merge. Or just close it.

PInging @AverageJoesCredit 

Pretty sure disco does Not allow you to merge a secured card if it's still secured.

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats OP, sure beats the heck of that sc.

@Obsure-Expert  hmmmm, that's cool...didn't know that, glad you posted.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.