Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER IT Miles APPROVAL!!

tag
jadorejessie
Established Member

DISCOVER IT Miles APPROVAL!!

Hi everyone!! 

This is my first post in the forums so I may just be rambling but I am suppppper excited to annouce that I was just approved for the Discover it Miles card with a $9500 CL. I am through the moon!! This is only my second credit card ever. My first one being Capital One with a CL of $1500 (6 years old and they are not very eager to increase my CL Cat Sad )

I have been rebuilding for the last couple of years after a family member "stole" my identity, and the years of denials and high rates have been rough. My scores are not horrible (EQ: 726 TU:680 EX:705).. but my struggles from the past have me completly terrified of applying for credit and getting turned down. I have been getting Discover pre-approval letters in the mail for months now so I decided to do lots of research on the forums. After many many many weeks spent reading everyones helpful posts, I decided to just go for it. So glad I did!! 

I really want to apply for the Barclay JetBlue Plus as I fly with JetBlue 3-4 times a year. My credit file is pretty thin and new (see below). Can anyone suggest how long I should wait before applying for Barclay JetBlue Plus? Any input is greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

1 mortgage: Opened 02/2017

1 auto loan: Credit Union | Opened 10/2014 | 2 - 30 day lates 1 year and 10 months ago

2 credit cards: Capital One | Opened 08/2016 | 26% UTI | No lates

Discover | Opened 05/30/2018 Cat Happy 

1 personal loan: Avant | Opened 11/2017 | No lates

Thank you everyone!!!

Starting Score: TU:557, EX:541, TU:567
Current Score: TU:719, EX:716, EQ:735
Goal Score: Over 680 for all

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DISCOVER IT Miles APPROVAL!!

Awesome! Congrats!

You should be fine apping for a couple more cards. I'm guessing you don't have mant inquiries and if Disco gives you 9500, I'm sure you'll get approved for the JetBlue Card

Message 2 of 9
jadorejessie
Established Member

Thank you! Ahhh yes i forgot inquiry info. 

EX: 0

TU: 1

EQ: 1

Message 3 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats and dont forsee you having issues getting approved for the jetblue card either.  Go for it.  

Message 4 of 9
jadorejessie
Established Member

Thank you!! I went for it and got approved Smiley Happy $2300 CL. Small limit but still very excited to have my foot in the door Smiley Happy 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval. Great data points...Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations OP!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on Approval .. Welcome to Disco Family

Message 8 of 9
jadorejessie
Established Member

Thank you so much! I also applied and got approved for Chase Freedom Unlimited $5600 CL. I am done now. Will not be applying for anymore credit until it is time to purchase my dream car in Jan of 2020! 

Thank you to the forum for all the helpful information Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.