Did you mean: 

DISCOVER it CHROME APPROVED! $7K SL!!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

DISCOVER it CHROME APPROVED! $7K SL!!

oh my...OK..

So, here I am minding my own business, talking to a good friend of mine on the phone, when he says..."Check Discover for pre-approvals to see if it offers you anything,". Im like, "I DOUBT IT, I just closed my Miles card after a year a few weeks ago, and moved the entire limit from that card to my iT card!".  So, for giggles, I plug in the info, and holy moly it came back with the pre-approved wording and set apr for iT, Miles, and Chrome G&R, LOL!! 

Went ahead and applied for Chrome, since I already have regular IT, and just closed Miles, and it kicked me over to another page stating "We are almost done, we just need to verify a few things". Gave me the option to upload documents right then, so uploaded my DL/SSC.  It spun for a minute, then said to call a number, so I did. More verification, and a text to my phone .......Approved!! $7k SL...

Shocked beyond belief that they would approve me for another card after just closing another one with them, and moving the limit, and shocked at the SL!! I was thinking if I was approved, it would be $1-$2k tops like my last card with them.  But, word on the street is their pre-approvals are supposed to be golden, and for me it certainly was! Smiley Happy

edit:....forgot to add, 0% apr for 14mo, then my set apr is 18.99% afterwards. 

IMG_7971.JPG

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DISCOVER it CHROME APPROVED! $7K SL!!

Congrats Ms.Pizza. 🎈🍾🎊🎉😀. 

Message 2 of 21
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congratulations there! If you don't mind me asking when the pre-approvals were given to you were the APR rates set or a limited range?

Message 3 of 21
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!! 😀

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 4 of 21
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

So they let u add the limit from 1 card to the it card and close other card? This is interesting there haven't been a report on this in a while wonder if donor card has to be open for certain amount of time.
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pizza congrats on your approval! 

@bigpoppa09 wrote:
So they let u add the limit from 1 card to the it card and close other card? This is interesting there haven't been a report on this in a while wonder if donor card has to be open for certain amount of time.

Not true, this has been discussed on here recently (the hows etc). Unless your referring to the other board. Nice thread you started over there btw! 

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the new card.
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

Congratulations there! If you don't mind me asking when the pre-approvals were given to you were the APR rates set or a limited range?

OP said "set APR" so I assume they meant fixed not range.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Pizza!

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to go bit OT but I just checked the preapprovals and it says that I am preapproved for both the Miles and regular It card.  Just finished up my first year with my existing It card, so if I were to apply for the It card and was approved, would I get the double cash back again?

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.