Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DW Amex Everyday and Chase IHG Approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DW Amex Everyday and Chase IHG Approvals

Hey all,

DW's Amex PRG annual fee hit on her last statement and I figured it was time for her to open an AMEX Everyday card and get a refund for that AF.  We didn't get the best offer, 10k for $1k spend, but after about a week of trying incognito browser windows, the VPN trick, we were tired and just ready to apply under the standard offer.  Her AMEX Everyday card was approved for $6,500 but surprisingly at the highest APR... *shrug*

This summer we plan on making a Yellowstone run with the kids so I started searching for hotels.  No Marriot or Hilton hotels anywhere remotely close to the park so I start looking for other chains and found a Holiday Inn at a decent rate (for the location and time of year).  I remember reading on the forums how the IHG was an underdog but highly favored hotel card here.  Knowing DW might get an instant approval vs a drawn out denial, or borderline approval after a couple weeks, I talked her into apping for the card.  Instant approval for $22,000!  She called right away to get the card overnighted, it arrived today and we applied Sunday evening.  Weirdly enough, she asked if they could move $2,000 from the IHG to her Freedom card (to even her Freedom out to 5k), they said the only way they could, would be to close the IHG account and move the whole limit.  I thought that was pretty odd as they had no problem moving limits around when I got my United card back in January.

I've got to update my signature and score not just for her cards, but to include my USAA credit card, $8,000 for a USAA Rewards Visa Signature pre-selected offer.  I was surprised at the APR and limit considering I cold apped and immediately cancelled a USAA Preferred Cash Rewards Visa that was approved for a measly $2,000 at the highest APR, 26 something...

Oh one last thing, does anyone know how to enroll or where to find wifey's IHG rewards information.  Do we just sign up for a new IHG one, there wasn't any rewards info listed on the credit card...

Thanks,

Oz

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: DW Amex Everyday and Chase IHG Approvals

Congrats on the approvals!!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats to DW on approvals.. You two are doing awesome!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all,

DW's Amex PRG annual fee hit on her last statement and I figured it was time for her to open an AMEX Everyday card and get a refund for that AF.  We didn't get the best offer, 10k for $1k spend, but after about a week of trying incognito browser windows, the VPN trick, we were tired and just ready to apply under the standard offer.  Her AMEX Everyday card was approved for $6,500 but surprisingly at the highest APR... *shrug*

This summer we plan on making a Yellowstone run with the kids so I started searching for hotels.  No Marriot or Hilton hotels anywhere remotely close to the park so I start looking for other chains and found a Holiday Inn at a decent rate (for the location and time of year).  I remember reading on the forums how the IHG was an underdog but highly favored hotel card here.  Knowing DW might get an instant approval vs a drawn out denial, or borderline approval after a couple weeks, I talked her into apping for the card.  Instant approval for $22,000!  She called right away to get the card overnighted, it arrived today and we applied Sunday evening.  Weirdly enough, she asked if they could move $2,000 from the IHG to her Freedom card (to even her Freedom out to 5k), they said the only way they could, would be to close the IHG account and move the whole limit.  I thought that was pretty odd as they had no problem moving limits around when I got my United card back in January.

I've got to update my signature and score not just for her cards, but to include my USAA credit card, $8,000 for a USAA Rewards Visa Signature pre-selected offer.  I was surprised at the APR and limit considering I cold apped and immediately cancelled a USAA Preferred Cash Rewards Visa that was approved for a measly $2,000 at the highest APR, 26 something...

Oh one last thing, does anyone know how to enroll or where to find wifey's IHG rewards information.  Do we just sign up for a new IHG one, there wasn't any rewards info listed on the credit card...

Thanks,

Oz

On your Chase online account you can view the history of all rewards transferred, also you can view the points on your IHG membership page, but they are not always up to date. My favorite hotel through IHG is Holiday Inn Express (free breakfast)

Going to Europe this summer and believe it or not the have them in key Cities.

Message 4 of 5
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Nice Congrats!!!! 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.