Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DW App Spree Navy Plat and Chase Flex Pondering PenFed Gold

tag
oorhett
Regular Contributor

DW App Spree Navy Plat and Chase Flex Pondering PenFed Gold

We bought all new appliances in December prematurely for our remodel but wanted in on the discounts and rebates etc., so loaded up the $23,000 limit X1 card with $15,000. The Heloc I was looking at didn't materialize so we were looking for a 0% balance transfer before starting to pay crazy interest. DW already has CashRewards($17000) and MoreRewards($11,000) with Navy and Chase Freedom Preferred ($3,000). Had a bunch of Citi, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, AAA and other "Pre-selected" mailers. Decided NFCU Plat was probably our best bet so app'd and got instant Approval for $25,000! scheduled the Balance transfer for the full $15,000 as part of the app. Decided to do the total amount to hopefully encourage the max limit, Success!

Then I knew she had been seeing preapprovals in her Equifax monitoring site so checked again and sure enough pre-approved for Chase Sapphire and Freedom Flex (0% for 15 mo). 

Decided to go for the Flex through Experian and instant approval for $17,700! 

Since the Navy card has no Fee Balance transfer once that transfer is done we will probably transfer $5300 over to the Chase Flex card to spread out the balances. 

Now the day after we got those two approvals DW received a preapproval from PenFed Gold 0% 15 Mo. DW is not a member of PenFed and I'm thinking she might as well get it now even though it's really not needed.  However, we will be finishing our home remodel in about 6 months and I am sure we are going to be buying all sorts of furniture other appliances, etc so may be better to wait so we can take better advantage of a 0% SUB on purchases. 

Scores are mid to low 700's I only monitor her Experian F8 (717) but she tells me her other scores are about the same.  

FYI we are using my credit for the house Remodel/financing etc, not DW

S2NavyPlat2_15_23.pngSarahChaseFreeFlex2_15_23.PNG

BK 7 5/19 Discharged 09/19
Beginning Scores - EQ 579, TU 565
Current Scores(Vantage, high/current) - EQ 728/690, TU 706/685 / (Fico8/9) EX^8 697 TU^8 677 EQ^9 699
Mortgage (1/24) - EX 720 / TU 727 / EQ 713
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: DW App Spree Navy Plat and Chase Flex Pondering PenFed Gold

Congratulations on DW's approvals!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 2 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on DW's two nice Approvals.

Message 3 of 9
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on pair of nice approvals! 🤑👍👍

Message 4 of 9
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Outstanding all the way around, congratulations!

Message 5 of 9
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Well done! Congratulations to you and your DW for those approvals with EXCELLENT CLs!

May the remodel go smoothly. 

Thanks for those detailed DPs.

Have a great weekend!Smiley Happy

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 6 of 9
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

congrats on the 2 cards

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $38,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000 /

SOCKDRAWERED FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ FNBO FORDPASS REWARDS $1000/ WELLS FARGO ACTIVE CASH $8200/ CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700
Message 7 of 9
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on DW's NFCU Platinum & Chase Freedom Flex approvals

Message 8 of 9
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approvals, and congrats on that sweet 10.24% rate on the Navy Plat!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.