Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DW BCE Approved Finally

tag
JamP
Valued Contributor

DW BCE Approved Finally

After many attempts my DW was finally approved for a BCE @ 1k SL.

Her score went up 3 points (651 to 654) and they let her have her own finally. Now she can lay off the spend on my card and build an amazing card of her own.

She already has an ED card that's still sitting at 1k low lunchlady land. She will probably upgrade her BCE to a BCP once they offer and she has a better CL.

I tried to move 500 from the ED to the BCE and for some reason got the 7 - 10 day message.

Chatted with Amex and they said to go for a CLI even if the card hasn't arrived. Tried that and received the 7 - 10 day message. So reset the clock to 91 days...

I know how to grow Amex cards so it is just a matter of time. Smiley Wink

She did get the offer $100 if spend $1000 in 3 months and the 15 months 0%. The APR sucks at 24 something percent but I can work on that also.

Never lose hope, if she can get a BCE, anyone can.

Get those scores up and clean up those credit reports.

Amex is the one card that even if you start with a low SL it can grow into something amazing.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DW BCE Approved Finally

Congrats to you both!

Message 2 of 9
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Congrats. If the denial is just due to her account being to new, set the clock for 61 days. How long has she had the other card?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 3 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats JamP, im really get used to all DW's success recently , lol, its ok, we know shes on the war path, she just may end up becoming the credit guru in your famSmiley Happy. Job well done , my best to both of youSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 9
JamP
Valued Contributor

@medicgrrl wrote:
Congrats. If the denial is just due to her account being to new, set the clock for 61 days. How long has she had the other card?

Her ED is from Sept. 2016. She applied because she wanted in with Amex and they said she would get a CLI after 5 on time payments which never happened.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 5 of 9
JamP
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats JamP, im really get used to all DW's success recently , lol, its ok, we know shes on the war path, she just may end up becoming the credit guru in your famSmiley Happy. Job well done , my best to both of youSmiley Happy

Thanks AJC.

I hope she becomes the family credit guru so I can take a vacation.

We both are pretty much at the end of our credit card search and destroy game. Unless something better comes along that we cannot PC to.

I can't wait until we can start slimming down hers.

I cut 6 cards of mine in the last few years.

It feels good to cut cards that are not needed and definitely diversify and not have all your cards with one place.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 6 of 9
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

When's the last time she requested a CLI on the ED?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 7 of 9
JamP
Valued Contributor

@medicgrrl wrote:
When's the last time she requested a CLI on the ED?

About a week ago. 

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 8 of 9
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Oh sorry, I thought that was on the BCE.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.