Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DW STRIKES GOLD WITH NAVY AT 91/3

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DW STRIKES GOLD WITH NAVY AT 91/3

Thanks again from all you guys have givin to me about navy and other lenders and credit knowledge overall. My DW joined navy a mth after me in August but her scores at the time were mid to high 500s so she went with a secured card since she also had 4or 5 collections at the time. Fast forward to last night which was just past her 91/3, she ask me about applying for an unsecured card and I told her she could but wait till the 6 mth mark to be sure. She said the worst that could happen is they deny me. Lol. I said o boy, I turned my wife into a credit card junkie. Needless to say she apped for the platinum card and after she hit the submit button she gave me the laptop before the decision came back because she didnt wanna see a denial. She got an instant approval with her first unsecured card with Navy. TU score at 620 of $5000. I said NO WAY! Chunk one up to navy again for an amazing approval. Thanks guys and gals for all the knowledge. I gotta learn how to put screenshots on her lol.

BTW, her limit is greater than mine and my score is at least 100pts more lol go figure. We'll take it! GO NAVY!!!

My DW dp's for anyone who may be on the same credit path

Indigo - 300 - 4mths old
Nrewards - $200 - 3mths old
Fingerhut - $300 - 4mths old
Navy platinum - $5000 - 11/20/19
She's an AU also pretty much on all my cards.
And 2-3 collections still in process
TU 620, EX 621, EQ 615 and util around 9%

Funny thing is maybe mid 2018 she didnt even wanna look at her score, she was high 400. Its a marathon not a race. Stay blessed everyone!
12 REPLIES 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: DW STRIKES GOLD WITH NAVY AT 91/3

Lol, what would we do without a good woman backing us upSmiley Wink Haha, still looking myselfSmiley Sad

Awesome job by DW, no better lender than Navy imo. EnjoySmiley Happy
Message 2 of 13
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats to the DW on the nice approval! Definitely get rid of Indigo before the 12 month to avoid the annual fee. 

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I can definitely say we both were shocked to say the least, I even told her to call and see if she prequalify and they said no offers. She then got home and fill out the app anyway and viola!! 5k! I'll let her know about the annual fee with the indigo as well.
Thanks @averagejoecredit @coreyb80
Message 4 of 13
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Wow that's amazing. NFCU really helps people rebuild. I wish I could qualify!

congrats to her!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to DW on the approval, and building her scores up!!
Message 6 of 13
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks again from all you guys have givin to me about navy and other lenders and credit knowledge overall. My DW joined navy a mth after me in August but her scores at the time were mid to high 500s so she went with a secured card since she also had 4or 5 collections at the time. Fast forward to last night which was just past her 91/3, she ask me about applying for an unsecured card and I told her she could but wait till the 6 mth mark to be sure. She said the worst that could happen is they deny me. Lol. I said o boy, I turned my wife into a credit card junkie. Needless to say she apped for the platinum card and after she hit the submit button she gave me the laptop before the decision came back because she didnt wanna see a denial. She got an instant approval with her first unsecured card with Navy. TU score at 620 of $5000. I said NO WAY! Chunk one up to navy again for an amazing approval. Thanks guys and gals for all the knowledge. I gotta learn how to put screenshots on her lol.

BTW, her limit is greater than mine and my score is at least 100pts more lol go figure. We'll take it! GO NAVY!!!

My DW dp's for anyone who may be on the same credit path

Indigo - 300 - 4mths old
Nrewards - $200 - 3mths old
Fingerhut - $300 - 4mths old
Navy platinum - $5000 - 11/20/19
She's an AU also pretty much on all my cards.
And 2-3 collections still in process
TU 620, EX 621, EQ 615 and util around 9%

Funny thing is maybe mid 2018 she didnt even wanna look at her score, she was high 400. Its a marathon not a race. Stay blessed everyone!
Congrats on the AWESOME APPROVAL!!!! 4U N DW
2018 Dec Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 778
Achieved Goal Score 2020: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats to DW

Message 8 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on DW approval!
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.