Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DW approved for AMEX Gold Card, Pre-qualified w/ 630 EX FICO

tag
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

DW approved for AMEX Gold Card, Pre-qualified w/ 630 EX FICO

DW applied for the AMEX Gold charge card on 8-24-19.  She talked to a very nice rep today (9-12-19) who verified her identity and was apparently very gleeful in telling her she was approved for a "$6K something or another with a total of $20k".  Very cool, we are halfway in with AMEX.  So what do those figures above represent?

I will likely become an AU and we will see when I see a prequal.  The business side will be where we can put big spend on an AMEX when we get that far.

DP's:

Prequalified on their site

Took 21 days until they verified identity with call

630 EX FICO 08

14% UTI.   

(2) 6 YO CO's and (3) 5 YO CA's.

(2) INQ's, Pulled only EX

I will likely become an AU and we will see when I see a prequal.  The business side will be where we can put big spend on an AMEX when we get that far.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: DW approved for AMEX Gold Card, Pre-qualified w/ 630 EX FICO

Congratulations on DW approval!
Message 2 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

The DW Amex Gold approval was buried, Had to dig it outSmiley Very Happy

CongratulationsSmiley Happy

See the source image

Message 3 of 10
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Thank you...  Both of us being AMEX virgins, we are still interested in what the $6k and $20k limits mean that the rep told my Wife she was approved for.  I take it one is for carrying a balance?  Regardless, we will be paying this in full.  She can use it for reimbursed expenses for our company as well so we can definately earn some "membership points". (whatever those are).

She was really floored at the excitement of the rep she talked to in announcing the approval.  You don't get that everyday.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 4 of 10
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Congrats.
You're approved.
She's now a member.
Just call back in and ask.
Easy Peasy.
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 5 of 10
gjean78
Regular Contributor

congratulations on the Amex approval! that's one of my goal card for the future.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a pre-set liimt of 6K and a POT (Pay Over Time) limit of 20K for chages over $100.

Just wait for the card and check it out online when you signup.  Or hit them up on chat once logged into the new account to ask for more info.

Message 7 of 10
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds like a pre-set liimt of 6K and a POT (Pay Over Time) limit of 20K for chages over $100.

Just wait for the card and check it out online when you signup.  Or hit them up on chat once logged into the new account to ask for more info.

Thank you for that.  I guessed that but figured the other way around.  No matter though, we are in PIF mode.  I do appreciate the reply!

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 8 of 10
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Her nice metal gold card arrived.  How long does AMEX usually take to report?

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 9 of 10
rgate88
Regular Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Her nice metal gold card arrived.  How long does AMEX usually take to report?

Usually starts reporting on the 2nd statement

CO Platinum - $500; CO Quicksilver - $2,000; Marcus GM BuyPower - $700; Target MC - $9,000; Chase Amazon Prime - $17,300; PNC Core - $27,000; Citi DoubleCash - $8,300 - AmEx Everyday - $2,500 (was $20,000); Citi Simplicity - $29,500; Chase World of Hyatt - $17,300; PayPal LOC - $10,000; PNC Cash Rewards - $36,000; U.S. Bank Altitude Go - $15,000; AmEx Platinum - NPSL ($7,800 POT); Elan Max Cash (Alliance CU) - $25,000; Alliance CU LOC - $2,000; BMO Harris Cash Back (Was Bank of the West Cash Back) - $3,000; (Closed Block-Fi - $15,000 RIP); Wells Fargo Autograph Visa - $10,000; Chase Freedom Flex - $20,300; Venmo - $15,000; AllTru LOC - $10,000

Business Trade Lines - Chase Ink Cash - $4,000 (original limit $19,600); Chase Ink Preferred - $10,000; AmEx BBP - $5,500; Hilton Honors Business - $5,000; FNBO Evergreen Business - $15,000; Elan Business Visa (Alliance CU) - $20,000; Citi Business AAdvantage Platinum Select - $16,000; Marcus GM Business - $2,500; Kabbage LOC - $9,500; Marriott Bonvoy Business - $14,600; Barclays AAdvantage Aviator WE Business - $7,000; IHG Rewards Premier Business - $5,000; Delta Platinum Business - $16,400; Edward Jones Business (Elan) - $2,000; Barclays Wyndham Earner Business - $7,000

Total CLI - $399,900
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.