Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DW is not a MyFICOer

tag
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

DW is not a MyFICOer

We decided to go for the Walmart MC card  last month.  It wasn't a light decision with Cap1's 3x pull but we  would benefit from it as our spend would be about $500/month so   ~$25 cash back/month.  We talked about shifting our spend from the much nicer and nearer grocery store to the craptastic experience at the further away drive to Walmart.  But hey, we are looking at about $300 back in a year so yeah.

(Apped in DW's profile of < 4% utility and  > 800  F9.  What I thought would be a home run ended up as a hit batter.  She was granted a SL of $1,000.  I was expecting $10,000 or at least $5,000.  Anyway, it is oddly a World MC at the $1,000.)

She goes off to Walmart with the new card and the list of things.

I happen to get a SMS  from Wells Fargo that $110 is pending from a Walmart purchase. 

Huh? - Is it fraud?  I will have to deal with this when I get home.

Get home and ask how was the trip to Walmart.  "All good" she says.   And did you remember to use the new Walmart card?  I anxiously ask.  "The cashier tried it and said it was denied."   I was like what?  Can I see the card?  She digs through her purse and out comes her Citi DC card that she never activated....{Another story.}

I say, 'no this isn't the new Walmart card.'  

Used the Propel card after all.

Me. now. thinks. are. gonna. give. up.

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: DW is not a MyFICOer

Congratulations on DW approval! Thank you for sharing your story. Should DW become a MF member?

Message 2 of 37
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!!! A $300 SL is very common on that card, so you did well with $1000. Those higher limits were often acquired when the card was Synchrony. Capital One is not super generous on the Walmart card.

Message 3 of 37
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats to DW! Sorry she doesn't understand us. Smiley LOL Neither does my GF. lol

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 37
sxa001
Valued Contributor

She sounds like my wife who tells me "Just put whatever card in my wallet that you want me to use".  She at least uses the Costco card at Costco (because it is also her membership card!).  My wife also confuses my American Airlines and American Express sometimes* Smiley Happy 

* She has a degree in biochemistry and works in the compressed air testing industry, I can assure you she is way smarter than me she just doesn't bother with the details about things she doesn't care about.  

Message 5 of 37
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

+1

I am swimming with this type of shipmate, DW is not and will not be a MyFicoer...

Congrats on the approval!👍

@sxa001 wrote:

...doesn't bother with the details about things she doesn't care about.  

This is what I also meant to express!😲

Message 6 of 37
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats to DW ..

Message 7 of 37
GmbH
Contributor

She goes off to Walmart with the new card and the list of things.

I happen to get a SMS  from Wells Fargo that $110 is pending from a Walmart purchase. 

Huh? - Is it fraud?  I will have to deal with this when I get home.

Get home and ask how was the trip to Walmart.  "All good" she says.   And did you remember to use the new Walmart card?  I anxiously ask.  "The cashier tried it and said it was denied."   I was like what?  Can I see the card?  She digs through her purse and out comes her Citi DC card that she never activated....{Another story.}

I say, 'no this isn't the new Walmart card.'  

Used the Propel card after all.

Me. now. thinks. are. gonna. give. up.

Yup, just divorce her. Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 37
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats to DW!

Message 9 of 37
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Either way, congats on the approval!

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.