Did you mean: 

DW is not a MyFICOer

tag
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Re: DW is not a MyFICOer

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

@RehabbingANDBlabbing wrote:

The struggle is real. I do all the financial stuff at my house. My spouse starts yawning the minute I start talking about it. The other day he used his BB&T debit card instead of the BB&T credit card because they look very similar. You better believe I took that debit card out his wallet immediately! We don't use debit or cash for anything, for the rewards and the protection. I will say his ears perked up when I recently got approved for the Delta Gold AmEx, which will give us a free trip next year. 

You took his debit card away. 😂

... wow, yea!  It is funny and serious at the same time.  Under certain conditions I probably would have done the same thing.

My DW loves to hear about the, as she puts it, so called free stuff.  I explain to her we get this by using the credit cards and then zeroing out what we charged on them... and 🤬🤯  

I wish our talks about credit, cash back rewards and points would stick!

Alas, I am hoping for too much in the short term 😉 .

Message 31 of 37
SouthernCredit
Frequent Contributor

The struggle IS real. My DW wants nothing to do with finances - except spending it. Like someone else mentioned, she couldn't be on our mortgage either; she didn't pay student loans for almost 10 years because she was "pretty sure they're in forebearance" (they weren't). 

We've recently started working on her credit, squaring late accounts and opening some new ones in her name (she was piggybacking on mine 100% before). But I still have to tell her which card to use anytime she goes shopping. 

Message 32 of 37
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@SouthernCredit wrote:

The struggle IS real. My DW wants nothing to do with finances - except spending it. Like someone else mentioned, she couldn't be on our mortgage either; she didn't pay student loans for almost 10 years because she was "pretty sure they're in forebearance" (they weren't). 

We've recently started working on her credit, squaring late accounts and opening some new ones in her name (she was piggybacking on mine 100% before). But I still have to tell her which card to use anytime she goes shopping. 

I am right there with you.  I hoping DW places her SL into forbearance, back in February she told me she would do it.   Now that a few of her former co-workers and friends are talking about this my hope is that maybe it will hit home with her.

Also, concerning any finances at all,  she says she wants to be in our next mortgage.  I get that for the concern that something could happen to me and this would make it less of a hassle to retain the home for the munchkins and herself.  However as things stand at this point in time she has not worked for 1.5 years and chooses not to open her mail... = 2 collections that could have been prevented.  I love her and at the same time it is becoming difficult to understand what may be going through her mind.  I believe she truly knows this stuff, she used to own a 4 unit rental property by herself for many years.

I have to figure out what has changed for her. 🤞 & ✌

Message 33 of 37
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

P.s.

I have no clue how MFers put up with all of my typos and have never mentioned them, not 1 time!  Thanks 😅

Message 34 of 37
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Credit4Growth wrote:

Also, concerning any finances at all,  she says she wants to be in our next mortgage.  I get that for the concern that something could happen to me and this would make it less of a hassle to retain the home for the munchkins and herself.  However as things stand at this point in time she has not worked for 1.5 years and chooses not to open her mail... = 2 collections that could have been prevented.  I love her and at the same time it is becoming difficult to understand what may be going through her mind.  I believe she truly knows this stuff, she used to own a 4 unit rental property by herself for many years.

FYI,  she can be named on the deed/title and not have to be on the mortgage.

Message 35 of 37
SouthernCredit
Frequent Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote: 

"FYI,  she can be named on the deed/title and not have to be on the mortgage."

This. This is how my DW and I set ours up - not on the mortgage, but on the deed/title.

Message 36 of 37
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

@Credit4Growth wrote:

FYI,  she can be named on the deed/title and not have to be on the mortgage.

Thank you friend, I was just thinking about that too!  It is always good to here the same thoughts from someone else.

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.