Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DW's Chase & Navy Federal CLI's

tag
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

DW's Chase & Navy Federal CLI's

After having success 2 days ago increasing the limit on my Chase Freedom card, I asked for a limit increase via Chase's secure message feature on my DW's Amazon Prime card. They doubled her limit from $4600 to $9200. This is her first increase on this card since getting it in March 2020.  I also realized it had been 194 days since her last increase on her Navy Federal Cash Rewards card. Usually I ask on day 190 but I guess it somehow slipped past me. I asked for $8000 and they instantly granted her the whole $8000, making her new limit $45,200! 

If you can call in to Chase for a limit increase I'd recommend that method for CLI's. Because my wife isn't into the credit card hobby I usually handle all applications with her approval and requests for increases. So it was just easier for me to send a secure message versus having her call herself. The draw back it would take 8 hours plus for any replies. They'd ask for info then I'd reply then the next day I'd get another reply and I'd reply and then wait again for their response. So while my phone call on Friday for a limit increase took only 10 minutes from start to finish, her increase started Friday and ended mid afternoon Sunday. The last reply prior to approval they asked for her current job status (employed, self employed, unemployed), total gross income, is any income non taxable,  how much we'd like the increase to be (I asked for an ambitious increase of $10,400 to take her limit to $15,000, they countered with $4600). They also mentioned they would pull her credit but it would be a soft pull. Just like me anytime when we'd try to use the app/website for a CLI they'd say she wasn't eligible. So if you want an increase and the app/website says you have no CLI offers available don't let that stop you from calling in to check.

20 REPLIES 20
Wolfman4

Re: DW's Chase & Navy Federal CLI's

Congratulations on the CLI!

Message 2 of 21
sznthescore
Established Contributor

Kudos on the CLI's you and DW received! SP CLI's are the best!!

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+; (0) zero inquiries (7/2025)
Message 3 of 21
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on the new CLI's!

Message 4 of 21
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congratulations 🎊 

Message 5 of 21
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

congrats on the cli's

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $38,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000 /

SOCKDRAWERED FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ FNBO FORDPASS REWARDS $1000/ WELLS FARGO ACTIVE CASH $8200/ CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700
Message 6 of 21
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI's !

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k | 1 months until BK7 disappears |
( EE from TU & EX )
Message 7 of 21
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@Wolfman4 wrote:

Congratulations on the CLI!

@Wolfman4 Thank you!

Message 8 of 21
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@sznthescore wrote:

Kudos on the CLI's you and DW received! SP CLI's are the best!!

@sznthescore  thank you! They truly are!

Message 9 of 21
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Congratulations on the new CLI's!

@CreditMagic7  thank you!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.