Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Point for Barclaycard: Visa with Apple Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Point for Barclaycard: Visa with Apple Rewards

Hello everyone,

So it appears that Barclay's has increased my Credit Limit from my initial $2,000.00 to $3,500.00 on my Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards!  I have been maintaining no more than 5-10% per billing cycle and I pay it off once the statement hits the 3B's.

Interesting, since I hear that Apple is creating a new CC for Apple!  This account is 9-Months old as of March's Statement, making this statement 10-months old.  I only carry a balance when I need to shift a balance to the card to make sure that my usage is healthy.  (I generally stay under 8%)

Anyone else have good news since Apple announced they were going to discontinue Barclay's Apple VISA?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Data Point for Barlclaycard: Visa with Apple Rewards

There's a thread about the Apple card here somewhere.  Just search for it and you'll get all of the details.

Message 2 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your CLI Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

That’s a great CLI! We’re all waiting to see what the new Apple card brings lol
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI!

As for the Barclays card, it actually hasn’t been announced that they will be shutting it down. I bet they will keep both for awhile. For one, not every Apple customer has an iPhone which is required to get the Apple Card and two, the Barclays product I suspect will still be easier to get. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you,  🙋🏻‍♂️

I wouldn't be terribly destroyed if they decided to close it, but it would take a good 35% of my credit limit away from me that I have to toy with, so I will probably aim to get the the limits higher on Discover It, Savor, Amazon, Ollo and QuickSilver. Discover and Capital One are fickle about their credit increases, but I have more than tripled my SL on all my cards since opening.

Anyways, thank you for your input. If anyone is wondering, Barclaycard will hard pull your CR if you ask for a credit limit increase. They will volunteer to offer you the first increase, from what I'm seeing...

I won't be asking them for anything.  🤭🙅🏻‍♂️

Message 6 of 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

There has been no information that suggests Barclay will actually lose the Apple card, only that another Apple product is coming out backed by a different bank. The two products may well coexist, at least for a time, since they are not going to be the same.

Message 7 of 8
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: Data Point for Barclaycard: Visa with Apple Rewards

Congrats on the CLI!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.