cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Orchard Bank, THANK YOU VERY MUCH :)

tag
Griselle
New Contributor

Dear Orchard Bank, THANK YOU VERY MUCH :)

So after 3 years of trying to work with Orchard bank and keep it as a CC since it's my oldest revolving account....I finally had it. Next month my AF was coming up so I was trying to get it waved. After numerous attempts I kept getting a flat NO. This is after numerous attempts at trying to raise the laughable 400 CL. I have over 20K in available credit and I'm at 15% utilization on those with my credit scores well into the mid-700's. Honestly, I've tried to stay patient for the sake of my AAoA BUT I just couldn't take another DANG denial from them and closed the account today. 

So, in conclusion, THANK YOU VERY MUCH ORCHARD BANK. 

-edited to keep it G rated.  -pizzadude, myFICO moderator

American Express Blue Sky- 14,000 | BOA 123 Rewards- 12,000 | Chase Freedom- 7,000 | Chase Saphire Preferred- 7,000 | Best Buy Store Card- 2,400 | Discover More- 1,900

In the garden until 06/2014!!
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
mcf
Contributor

Re: Dear Orchard Bank, THANK YOU VERY MUCH :)

im in same boat had em for 6-7 yrs 500 cl lol.. went cap one EO and a NO.. lol 

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Last HP:2/2015 Util:9% CL:82KTake the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 17
Griselle
New Contributor

A lot of people have had some luck with the EO but I guess they just don't value our business that much. Just like when I closed my secure card with them....heck they let me do it over an automated system. I don't like Capital one at all and really wish my Best Buy card was through someone else! UGH!!!

American Express Blue Sky- 14,000 | BOA 123 Rewards- 12,000 | Chase Freedom- 7,000 | Chase Saphire Preferred- 7,000 | Best Buy Store Card- 2,400 | Discover More- 1,900

Message 3 of 17
trubliever82
Regular Contributor

If I'm not mistaken cap1 sold best buy portfolio to citi

Message 4 of 17
Griselle
New Contributor

I don't think so, since my account was opened in 04/2013 and the hard inquiry was recorded as Best Buy/Cap1. It also makes me login to the capital one store card specifically since the Chase Best Buy cards are being faded out. 

Come on pizzadude I used an abbreviation Smiley Happy 

Message 5 of 17
jugstore
Valued Member

I'm in the same boat you are.  I have an orchard card (500CL, 59AF) that I've used as a rebuilder for over a year.  In a magical twist of irony it was a Cap1 CO that tanked my credit to begin with.  I've rehabbed and have prime cards now.  I decided to try and get a better card with no AF or have the account closed.  You guys always say shoot for the stars so let's see what they say.  Here's what I sent in:

Good day Mr. Fairbanks, 

My name is jugstore and I am currently a HSBC account holder and I'm looking forward to working with Capital One later this year once my account gets transitioned over.

During this transition phase I would like to change my card to one of the following with at least a  $5,000 credit limit:
1) Cash Rewards Visa Signature
2) VentureOne Rewards Visa Signature

If these changes cannot be accommodated I would like to know the necessary steps to close this account.

Thank you sincerely for your timely attention to this matter, 

jugstore

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gardening since 5-2014
Message 6 of 17
Griselle
New Contributor

Good for you! Please let me know if that works out for you. I sincerely hope it does. Mr. Fairbanks is who I emailed as well. I got a return email telling to write a letter or call the Orchard bank corporate office. So, I called the number. It seemed to be the same number I had initially called when I requested a CLI last month and was declined due to the following reason:

"Your type of account is not eligible for Credit Limit Increases at this time"

Really? So it has nothing to do with my payment history, credit reports or my account standing? Ugh. Just forget it. My AAoA is going to take a major hit in the coming months because I opened 4 new accounts in the past few months. One student loan, one store card and two credit cards...that's why I'm back in the garden until next year. Butttt I had to get this weed out of my garden since it was doing me no real good.....AF with no rewards!! UGHHHH!

Message 7 of 17
hersheykisses
Regular Contributor

I agree with the OP, i am "disgusted" with both my Capital One and with the Orchard Bank, i realize they are "starter" cards however they should be able to raise the credit limits on these cards, its absolutely ridiculous.  I've had my OB card since 2007 no CLI in more than 3 years!  Capital One since 2011 went from 500-750, emailed and spoke to EO was told my debt to income ratio isnt good ummm ok 30% utilzation and 97k verifiable, whats wrong with this picture? 

Message 8 of 17
Griselle
New Contributor

At least Orchard bank gave you 1k...I was still at 400 when I closed it today. lol I mean geez, it looks like Cap1 also used to SP my credit EVERY month when I had a SECURED card with them. Really Cap1? For a SECURED card? Ugh...and then still refused to graduate the card when my credit got good enough for prime cards. Oh well...I'll just shoot for the CSP next year and let my wallet be complete. 

Message 9 of 17
mcf
Contributor

griselle i just got my CSP in the mail.. about a week ago! its awesome! just a shame..i have 4 cap1 cards, a hsbc discover theybought up..orch bank.. cap rewards 750 and platinum credit steps 500.. so yeh im thinkin uhmmm there goes 4 cards gone because they show no love. So i can get a prime..but no cli with you all..pfffft.. lol.

forgot to mention hsbc 5 yrs.. orch 6-7 no baddies either.. cap one 15 mths.. never late pif.. sometimes balances never much.. 

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Last HP:2/2015 Util:9% CL:82KTake the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.