Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decent Lowe's CLI before account closure

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Decent Lowe's CLI before account closure

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello DeeBee, Is your request for Lowes CLI got soft pull or hard pull? I have my Lowes card for >2 years, and I never ask for CLI. If it is a softpull, I want to try to request for CLI. Thank you for your reply. Smiley Happy

It was a soft pull.

Message 11 of 16
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@steelers1 wrote:

If you were going to close it then why would you bother asking for a CLI?

A CLI is NEVER guaranteed to be a soft pull (ask the Comenity folks as of lately)

The bear at Synchrony should be avoided being poked especially if you have no intentions on keeping it.

Unless of course you don't mind turning over your tax transcripts.

Thanks, but it was a SP. I'm not overexposed on Synchrony, so I don't feel nervous asking for CLI's.

Message 12 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Next step is 25K, seems Synch likes to go to 17K from 10 or 12K then from 17K to 25K. Might be able to get more before closing it in the summer.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get what you're saying, but I can't help but agree with most of what everyone else is telling you. I myself have a Lowes card for just in case purchases for my house. It's almost like a credit card insurance policy. My only other thing I would say to you would be to close it sooner rather than later. The longer you wait the more it will affect your credit when you do close it. Put me down in the you should keep it club though. Just my two pennies.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP.
I'm the odd ball here and get why you want to close. I had my "Cardpurgeocalapse" in 2016. It felt good to get down to only cards I use. I was tired of the sock drawer cards and making sure I used them once every 6 months and worried about having too many Syncb, Comenity cards, etc.... now I have 8 cards, all I use regularly, and only one store card which is Amazon-and that is going to close too now that Chase is 5% back. I never use the 0% anyway. I always PIf.

So I get what lots say on why to keep-but if Utilization isn't a problem, and it shouldn't be because everyone should PIF monthly or only small balances, then I say close away.

And if you have a party for your Cardpurgeocalapse I want to come. Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on the keep it side even if you only use it every once in awhile. 17k isn't to shabby.
Mine has been at 30k for awhile. Although not used much it is a handy card with being a home owner. My recent problem with 2 garage door openers breaking cost me 300$ each. So the 600$ on a 6 mo 0% and not having to worry about even coming close to the UTI and stressing about it is nice. Also with the fact that they are very lenient when doing home projects and extending financing up to 24 months with the 0% if you talk to the sales people for projects. Example doing a privacy fence in the spring and they are going to do a 24mo 0% financing. That alone saves me from apping for something that's 12-21mo 0% apr and no telling what my SL will start at but almost not going to be a 30k SL. I know it's a card that will always have a 0% apr (over 299 purchase) for atleast 6 months.
It's not the best card but I find it a useful card.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.