cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decided to cut losses and went on a mini app spree.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Decided to cut losses and went on a mini app spree.

Can't seem to get the freedom card if my life depended on it, so cut my losses and app'd for Discover it, USAA Limitless and the NFCU plat.

Approved for all 3 instantly:

NFCU Plat ($17.6k)

USAA Limitless ($6k)

Discover It ($3k)

Previous cards:

CSR ($10k)

FU (4.5k)

Amazon Prime Rewards Visa ($1.5)

AMEX BCE ($2k)

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Decided to cut losses and went on a mini app spree.

I like that your new cards branch out your credit card portfolio. If those were your only 4 cards, 75% of them were with Chase. Yikes. Nice job on adding NFCU, USAA and Discover in there!

Are you cold apping for Freedom or are you're seeing it in Your Offers section? Why are they denying it? It is just a matter of waiting for your 3 other Chase accounts to age?  

On a side note, you appear to like cash back cards. Have you looked into Bispay? It's a straight forward 2% cash back as a statement credit. No mimimum redemptions. Only reports to Experian. I'm using them as my everyday card until I can add the CSP and get my own trifecta going. I took the FU offer two months ago and waiting for CSP to appear again. 

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I like that your new cards branch out your credit card portfolio. If those were your only 4 cards, 75% of them were with Chase. Yikes. Nice job on adding NFCU, USAA and Discover in there!

Are you cold apping for Freedom or are you're seeing it in Your Offers section? Why are they denying it? It is just a matter of waiting for your 3 other Chase accounts to age?  

On a side note, you appear to like cash back cards. Have you looked into Bispay? It's a straight forward 2% cash back as a statement credit. No mimimum redemptions. Only reports to Experian. I'm using them as my everyday card until I can add the CSP and get my own trifecta going. I took the FU offer two months ago and waiting for CSP to appear again. 

I have been cold apping, and the reason I keep getting is too many new chase products with too short of a revolving account history (first credit card ever was the Amazon Prime Rewards visa in December of 2016). The reason why I decided to forget about the freedom now is because realizing 75% and if I got the freedom even more of my current cards would have been chase giving them a lot of power over me. Also I honestly prefer travel rewards cards and chase will recieve 99% of my spending, the other cards are simply to build history with each company, and I will not be putting enough spend through them to accumulate usable rewards points or to justify anual fees. Also I didn't get the amex ed since I will be using my chase cards for all of my spending so wouldn't hit the transaction limit for bonus points). I will be putting only a few transactions a year on every card besides my chase cards so anual fee's would make no sense.

The only exception to this rule is I want and will use the Prestige a lot for all hotel bookings, but am going to garden until I can get a large limit when I apply. It will be silly apping now to get a limit that may not cover a hotel booking haha. If chase ever does me wrong, I will get the Plat and EDP go over to AMEX giving them 99% of my spending.

Will try to grab the freedom again in a few months if I see a pre approval in branch, or fall under 5/24 (by that time I definitely will have accumulated history haha).

Also the USAA limitless was a strategic grab for me so I have a 2.5% flat cashback card before they take away such a nice item, though I probably won't use it much as I value travel rewards.

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I hope the CSP appears for you soon with a nice sign up bonus Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha. You just have to wait it out for it to appear in your offers. When that happens, go to a branch. Those sign up bonuses are usually better than online. I'm legitimately planning a trip to Chicago and will make it a point to stop at a branch cause we don't have any where I live. I wonder who's going to get their offer first, me with my CSP or you with your Freedom Smiley Happy Wasn't familiar with the USAA Limitless card. That's a better flat cashback card than what I can currently get as a lowly civilian Smiley Happy 

You're doing well for yourself. Keep it up. 

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

+1. Way to diversify your portfolio. Congratulations on your approvals!!

Message 6 of 21
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can't seem to get the freedom card if my life depended on it, so cut my losses and app'd for Discover it, USAA Limitless and the NFCU plat.

Approved for all 3 instantly:

NFCU Plat ($17.6k)

USAA Limitless ($6k)

Discover It ($3k)

Previous cards:

CSR ($10k)

FU (4.5k)

Amazon Prime Rewards Visa ($1.5)

AMEX BCE ($2k)

Congrats on the new additions!  Smiley Very Happy

I got the USAA Limitless a few months ago, and it's quickly becoming one of my favorites... you're going to love it!  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Your portfolio of credit cards for only 6 months is insane. The quality of your cards since getting your first credit card is incredible. Definitrly getting something other than Chase is smart in that diversification is a must. Well done!
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kind of on topic.... kind of not. How long does it take for chase to start giving preapprocals once you become a customer?

Op.... congrats on your approvals
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congradulations!

You're in the same boat I am.  Chase denied me twice, I figured they can suck on a lemon for a while and I go play the rest of the field.  But they do seem to want a well established history.  It will be Feb '18 until I can play the Chase game again!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.