Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined for Blispay, Approved After Recon

tag
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

Declined for Blispay, Approved After Recon

Worked - just got approval e-mail.  Definitely helps to have human intervention with these things.  Computer models don't always get it right.

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Declined for Blispay

Congrats!  Know the limit?

Message 2 of 35
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats!  Know the limit?

Just logged in...$10k

Message 3 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MASTERNC wrote:

Worked - just got approval e-mail.  Definitely helps to have human intervention with these things.  Computer models don't always get it right.

Congratulations!! It still think it's kind of creepy to know they are snooping around social media to get info on us. I do remember reading something awhile back that said some companies were going to start doing this, but I didn't really think it would happen except for maybe the smaller, lesser known, consumer data agencies. Perhaps because Blispay is a startup company, and are trying to cut costs, they do this type of research themselves instead of paying someone else to do it.

Message 4 of 35
crrredit
Established Contributor

Ex PayPal people running this. Maybe they are doing a bit of research to see how online info compares to more traditional credit checks. Looking for trends, etc. Or maybe they were impressed with the professional way you handled the problem and want to hire you!

Message 5 of 35
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MASTERNC wrote:

Congratulations!! It still think it's kind of creepy to know they are snooping around social media to get info on us. I do remember reading something awhile back that said some companies were going to start doing this, but I didn't really think it would happen except for maybe the smaller, lesser known, consumer data agencies. Perhaps because Blispay is a startup company, and are trying to cut costs, they do this type of research themselves instead of paying someone else to do it.

+1

I couldn't agree more... I decided years ago to avoid social media; actually my being on this site is the extent of my online "presence".  I do have a twitter account, but it's only for Amex offers and has a meaningless name and throw-away email address, so I don't 'count' it.

(I promise, I really don't wear a tin-foil hat... it's actually aluminum.)  Smiley Very Happy

Edited to add:  Congrats to MASTERNC on the approval!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

I couldn't agree more... I decided years ago to avoid social media; actually my being on this site is the extent of my online "presence".  I do have a twitter account, but it's only for Amex offers and has a meaningless name and throw-away email address, so I don't 'count' it.

(I promise, I really don't wear a tin-foil hat... it's actually aluminum.)  Smiley Very Happy

Edited to add:  Congrats to MASTERNC on the approval!  Smiley Very Happy

Ha ha, so you mean I'm not the only one? Robot wink

Message 7 of 35
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@MASTERNC wrote:

Absolutely helps to have humans involved with these. Congrats

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Declined for Blispay, Approved After Recon

congrats

Message 9 of 35
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

Re: Declined for Blispay, Approved After Recon

Just got the original denial letter last night.  So the denial wasn't due to my credit report but rather that they were unable to verify my identity.  Funny thing is they had no problem doing that during the recon.

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.