Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell Finance Approved... No hp so far

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dell Finance Approved... No hp so far

Dell has some good Black Friday deals going on now and needed a new pc,so figured it would be a good time to shop.
I configured a fully loaded up XPS with koby lake processor and gtx 1070 card and new monitor. Cart total came to $2200.
Didn't have any cc at 0% right now,so I figured I try for Dell Finance and got approved for 3500.
What's weird is when I I hit apply I got an immediate alert on Experian for "Dell identity check "I've never seen this before now. So far no hp ,only identity check.
Has this ever happened to anyone else? Would be weird to not get a hp. And to top it off they showed my score at approval and it was 40 points higher than actual.
Really weird....
Update: Inquiry went on my Experian report this morning. Delayed a little bit I guess. Reported as installment loan not revolving line. Doesn't surprise me since Web Bank does the personal loans on Lending Club. Hopefully it won't hurt my scores to bad.
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Dell Finance Approved... No hp so far

I had dell finance a business computer for me back in 2012.   I was surprised that FiCO treated the account as a "finance accunt," which gets dinged as a lesser quality revolving account.   When I would ge my FICO reports they woud always point out that I had this finance account and put that in the column of things that were

hurting my score.   Just FYI.

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like Dell does unusual things with there accounts. Will definitely watch out with this one. Thx for the info.
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’d be great if they didn’t hard pull you. I was approved in April and they hard pulled Experian. They auto-CLIed zme after 6 months which was not at all expected since there’s been no new purchase activity since that April purchase.

Also, they show up as a revolving charge account on my report.

Congrats!
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info.
The only way I can see that there would not be a hp is that its financed through Web Bank and my personal loan through Lending Club is through Web.
So maybe they sp my credit occasionally and know what my reports look like. Or it might just be a delayed hit. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Good to know it reports as revolving. Thx
Message 5 of 21
peghede
Valued Contributor

Congrats m8, i have dell card to ,the max card can go 5k, i have mine @ 3k started there ,i asked few times for cli and was told  no..i have it   open for last 9 yrs, and only use it like once every 3 yrs and they still left it open even now ,last time i use it was 3/11/2015 for $12.86 lol.

Shows up as a revolving charge account on my reports.

i think i will close it in jan next year .

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

They may have changed something I was approved for $4K and they Auto-CLIed me to $5500 last month.

Like you though, besides my XPS purchase and a dongle because there’s no friggin regular USB ports, I can’t see myself using it again until I need another PC. Let’s hope that’s a few years off.
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice to see it can grow some. They do sell a lot of other things on there,so it may get some use after this purchase is payed for.
The 12 month free financing is nice to have. But I better get it payed in 12 months because they set my Apr at 28.xx something. That can hurt a guy. Hahaha
Also nice to know they won't close it if there's no use after a while. All good to know. Thanks fico peeps.
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

4theloveofpoints, how do you like your xps? This is my first and hope it's worth the money. Be my 1st computer with a graphics card. Always had basic pc's in the past.
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peghede wrote:

@Congrats m8, i have dell card to ,the max card can go 5k, i have mine @ 3k started there ,i asked few times for cli and was told  no..i have it   open for last 9 yrs, and only use it like once every 3 yrs and they still left it open even now ,last time i use it was 3/11/2015 for $12.86 lol.

Shows up as a revolving charge account on my reports.

i think i will close it in jan next year .

I also have an account with them at 3k rarely order cause last time had problems with an order what a hassle but congrats! hope all goes well.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.