Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dell Financial Services/Webbank approval w/ DPs

Nice, grats on the 5K line Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 22
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats Cally !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 13 of 22
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@calyx wrote:

Thought I'd throw this approval in here for the DPs:

Approved online for DFS/Webbank on 9/16.
$5000 SL, 20.49% (but 0% for 12 months with my purchase)
EX pulled: F8 is 794,   INQs (were) 3/8;   1 new account in 6 months, 3/12, 8/24 (not that I expected a financing group to care about new accounts or INQs).   FTE with adequate income.  I also prequaled for $5k, so the prequal was accurate.

I needed a new laptop and I was reasonably happy with my current Dell for the price and they've got a current 17% off special.

I did the financing instead of just paying straight out for the 6% "cashback" to use at Dell for future peripherals.

Congrats.    When I got a Dell computer loan through WebBank about 7 years ago, I suddenly started getting a new FICO explanation that lowered my scores.   They treated this card as a consumer finance account.     I'm just curious if you see this in the future.   Please let me know.    

Message 14 of 22
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! 

Now treat yourself to a new monitor for Xmas!  😁

(2/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 15 of 22
calyx
Super Contributor

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

@calyx wrote:

Thought I'd throw this approval in here for the DPs:

Approved online for DFS/Webbank on 9/16.
$5000 SL, 20.49% (but 0% for 12 months with my purchase)
EX pulled: F8 is 794,   INQs (were) 3/8;   1 new account in 6 months, 3/12, 8/24 (not that I expected a financing group to care about new accounts or INQs).   FTE with adequate income.  I also prequaled for $5k, so the prequal was accurate.

I needed a new laptop and I was reasonably happy with my current Dell for the price and they've got a current 17% off special.

I did the financing instead of just paying straight out for the 6% "cashback" to use at Dell for future peripherals.

Congrats.    When I got a Dell computer loan through WebBank about 7 years ago, I suddenly started getting a new FICO explanation that lowered my scores.   They treated this card as a consumer finance account.     I'm just curious if you see this in the future.   Please let me know.    

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished - I was wondering about the CFA thing, too, but since it seems to be a "lower ranked" neg. reason code, I assume at worst that it will be small ding.    My partner has also used DFS and does *not* have a CFA listed (and he is missing the only neg. codes I have, which currently surround my young-ish file and # of INQs on EX).     DFS says it's a "revolving line of credit", and CFAs seem to usually be installments.   

Anyway, tldr;  WILL REPORT BACK when it shows up on my reports (Sometime in Oct, if I understood the email correctly) Smiley Happy

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 16 of 22
calyx
Super Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

Congrats! 

@coldfusion Running gag with mr. c is that I have a three monitor set up for my laptop and I'm not a "serious" PC gamer, while Mr. c, who does almost all of his gaming on his PC (I prefer console gaming), has a really old, very crappy monitor.   I suppose if loved him enough, I'd spend my Dellbux on him Smiley Tongue 

(But yes, I'm thinking of that spiffy curved monitor).

Message 17 of 22
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@calyx wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

Congrats! 

@coldfusion Running gag with mr. c is that I have a three monitor set up for my laptop and I'm not a "serious" PC gamer, while Mr. c, who does almost all of his gaming on his PC (I prefer console gaming), has a really old, very crappy monitor.   I suppose if loved him enough, I'd spend my Dellbux on him Smiley Tongue 

As a DP I replaced my 2 x 22" monitors with a single 38" curved monitor early last year running @ 3840x1600 resolution - I wouldn't willingly go back. 

(2/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 18 of 22
calyx
Super Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@calyx wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

Congrats! 

As a DP I replaced my 2 x 22" monitors with a single 38" curved monitor early last year running @ 3840x1600 resolution - I wouldn't willingly go back. 

I suppose I COOOOULD give him my two old monitors Smiley Wink   Because that's love.

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did it show up as a revolving line of credit and help overall credit utilization or did it show up as a CFA?

Thanks!!

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.