cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Amex Platinum approval!! Is it worth it?

tag
ham7137

Delta Amex Platinum approval!! Is it worth it?

Just approved for Delta Platinum Amex for $10,000.  7 years post bankruptcy.  Is this SL ok?  Is this card worth the fee?

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delta Amex Platinum approval!! Is it worth it?

I'd say so! Got mine with just a $2K SL, and recent CLI to $6K ... I'm in the rebuilding phase, so I'm not expecting large SL's anytime soon. Congrats on the approval 

Message 2 of 30
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@ham7137 wrote:

Just approved for Delta Platinum Amex for $10,000.  7 years post bankruptcy.  Is this SL ok?  Is this card worth the fee?

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2014/08/21/delta-skymiles-platinum/

Message 3 of 30
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

It's an older article, but it'll give you the jest of things. IMO having had this in the past was worth it.

Message 4 of 30
ham7137

still in shock that I was approved for that limit.  Just hope I can recover the annual fee. 

Message 5 of 30
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@ham7137 wrote:

still in shock that I was approved for that limit.  Just hope I can recover the annual fee. 

Checked bag, and companion pass alone make up, or go beyond the AF.

Message 6 of 30
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval. Looks like a nice SL.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats

Message 8 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say in the future and in general, it makes much more sense to ask this question before you apply for a credit product than after. Once you apply, that's it. If you figure this stuff out first, it's much easier. Nice starting limit.
Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I would say in the future and in general, it makes much more sense to ask this question before you apply for a credit product than after. Once you apply, that's it. If you figure this stuff out first, it's much easier. Nice starting limit.

Very well said for your first post here.

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.