Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Amex Platinum

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delta Amex Platinum

Approved first time. FICO 740+. Most of my cards are 10-20k lines. They approved me for a very low 2k. I was looking to spend $1k in 3 months for the incentives. This line sets me up for 50% utilization. Dumb! My overall utilization is under 10%. Anyone know a way to have line reconsidered? Back door to underwriting? I don’t want another hard pull. Anyone with experience like this or underwriting contact, please share.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delta Amex Platinum

@Anonymous wrote:
Approved first time. FICO 740+. Most of my cards are 10-20k lines. They approved me for a very low 2k. I was looking to spend $1k in 3 months for the incentives. This line sets me up for 50% utilization. Dumb! My overall utilization is under 10%. Anyone know a way to have line reconsidered? Back door to underwriting? I don’t want another hard pull. Anyone with experience like this or underwriting contact, please share.

Super Congrats on your Amex Platinum Delta approval! Smiley Very Happy

You can contact the Amex recon line if you like. But the easiest way to spend

$1,000 in 3 months without worrying about 50% utilization reporting to the 3

CRAs is to make your purchases and simply pay them off before your monthly

statement cuts. That way, Amex will report a 0 balance each month and you'll

still be able to spend $1,000 within 3 months without any adverse credit effects.

Just a suggestion, of course. Congrats once again, and thanks for sharing! Smiley Very Happy

P.S. Since this is your first Amex card, you should be able to take advantage

of the Amex "2 for 1", which is one revolving card (like your Platinum Delta)

and 1 charge card (like the Amex Green or PRG) on the same hard pull within

30 days. Having 2 Amex cards will give you more flexibility going forward.

Message 2 of 6
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

First off congrats on the new card!

As far as your other concerns you can attempt to call them but I don't know of any successful datapoints on reconning a SL for a new card with AMEX. If you have another AMEX you can temporairly shift some limits over til you hit the SUB or wait 61 days to see about getting a 3X CLI at that time. Those are pretty much your only options.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval !!!!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI - I did call Amex and they did approve me for the Gold card without another hard-pull! Great advice! Thank you.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.