Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Gold AMEX result

tag
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Delta Gold AMEX result

Hey everyone!

So, with a trip coming up and knowing I'd be spending a bit, I figured I'd bite the bullet and apply for the Delta Gold AMEX.  I had it as a pre-approved offer, so without risk of a pull, I figured it wouldn't hurt.  I'm happy to report that it was approved. :-) Sadly, the SL was only $2000. :-( But hey, it's another $2000 I didn't have and I can get that 30K miles reward pretty easily, especially with my partner as an authorized user.  I need to start accumulating miles for us to take a nice vacation overseas next year.  

I must admit, I do love my relationship with AMEX.  

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delta Gold AMEX result

@dsotm76 wrote:

Hey everyone!

So, with a trip coming up and knowing I'd be spending a bit, I figured I'd bite the bullet and apply for the Delta Gold AMEX.  I had it as a pre-approved offer, so without risk of a pull, I figured it wouldn't hurt.  I'm happy to report that it was approved. :-) Sadly, the SL was only $2000. :-( But hey, it's another $2000 I didn't have and I can get that 30K miles reward pretty easily, especially with my partner as an authorized user.  I need to start accumulating miles for us to take a nice vacation overseas next year.  

I must admit, I do love my relationship with AMEX.  

Congrats.  That is awesome.  So while that is a bit lower than you are used too, the 2k SL's tend to get the 3x/61 day CLI's really easy, so it should grow fast. 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval .. ask for 3x CLI when you hit 61 days

Message 3 of 10
Batsamandrobin
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on your approval, OP! 

Message 4 of 10
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone!  I wish I could ask for a CLI at 61, but I did it on my BCE a little bit ago and have to wait, at least until September.  I may go for the 3x on the Hilton and move some of that over to the Delta since 3x 5k is greater than 3x 2k.  :-)  

I will admit, a part of me really wants to hit that LUV button just to try it on the Hilton.  I did read in the main thread on this that it won't work though and I don't take rejection well.  LOL

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats  OP.  Awwww too bad you missed the 60K bonus instead 30K.

Message 6 of 10
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy

My only question is how does one request 3x? I always try putting in 3 but cant find a number X?? Dazed and Confused, help!
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
CongratsSmiley Happy

My only question is how does one request 3x? I always try putting in 3 but cant find a number X?? Dazed and Confused, help!

Haha. 3 * (SL), 3 * (3*SL)
X is SL initially, next X is 3*SL
or
//int SL=2000;
//int X=SL;
int X = getMemberCurrentCreditLimit(memberName);

int approvedDate = getMemberApprovedDate(memberName);
Date date = new Date();
currentCLIDays=ConvertToDays(approvedDate,date);
if (currentCLIDays<61)
    System.out.println("Too early for CLI");
else if (currentCLIDays>=61 && currentCLIDays<=75)//two weeks 
{
     X = 3 * (X)
}
else if(currentCLIDays>=181 && currentCLIDays<=195) //two weeks
{
     X = 3 * (X)
}
else if (currentCLIDays >=201)//201 days
{
   System.out.print(" Increase Line of Credit to this amount: ");
   Scanner input = new Scanner(System.in);
   int userRequest = input.nextInt();
   int approvedCLI = checkApproval(userRequest); 
   if(approvedCLI==0)
      System.out.print(" Sorry, not approved bro ");
   else
      System.out.print("Congrats! Your CLI is "+ approvedCLI);

}

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.