cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Gold American Express $1K (EX-630)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delta Gold American Express $1K (EX-630)

I was approved Saturday night for the Delta Gold American Express card with a limit of $1K. I'm officially gardening until January of 2021! I applied for this card because I often fly Delta and can easily meet the $2,000 spend for a SUB of 60,000 miles. I know the limit is a bit low but I'm hopeful for the 3X Amex CLI others have gotten after a few months with the card.

I tried the prequalification and it only showed the Gold Card and Platinum Card. Just like with the Citi Rewards+, I told myself "Nothing ventured. Nothing gained." and applied. I got a 7-10 day message and immediately thought I'd blown and inquiry for a denial. I then got a "we're processing your application" message at 12:03AM. At 12:07AM I got an alert from Experian of an inquiry. I figured I'd wait to either get the card in the mail or a denial letter. At 12:20, I got the "Your application was approved" e-mail and did a happy dance in my desk chair. I had to create an account and sign into see my credit limit of $1K. 

I plan on doubling up on points earning by using the card with the SkyMiles Shopping portal. For example, my Thanksgiving hotel is $564. I'll get 564 miles from the card and 1128 miles by clicking through from the portal to Priceline. 1,692 miles just for that purchase.  I'll do the same for my Walmart, Walgreens, Sam's Club, etc purchases. 

After getting the Citi Rewards+ earlier this month, a $300 cli from Discover and now this card, I'm locking myself in the garden for all of 2020.

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delta Gold American Express $1K (EX-630)

Congrats on your approval and welcome to the Amex family Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 13
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Message 5 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats! & lock Me in the Garden toSmiley Tongue

Message 6 of 13
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

AND I don’t know if you saw, but they’re changing dining to 2x miles and adding an annual $100 Delta flight credit starting 1/30/20. Smiley Happy

Congrats on your approval!

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!!
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex Delta Gold approval!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.