Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Gold Amex approval with 641! Yay!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delta Gold Amex approval with 641! Yay!

Aloha All,

This my first post after lurking on the boards for more than 3 years. I started my credit journey with a shot in the foot because my parents used my social security card to buy things in my name. I was upset but decided not to press charges, it still messes with me to this day(mentally). 3 years ago i applied for a Cap 1 got approved for 350 and then the limit was raised to 500 about 6 months later. I paid a day late by accident and now it wont budge. I also applied for a Credit one and started with a 350 limit then it raised 2 more times to 850 as of now. Last year after not applying for 2 years i got approved for a discover it cash back card for 1200 it was my biggest limit yet and i was very happy. My goal has been to get into Amex and i started checking the preapprovals page about Dec 2019. They never had anything that i could qualify for but then two days ago i tried again and I was preapproved. I applied but then it said my name didnt match their records and i lost the prequalified page. So i just cold applied and got the 14 day decision message. I was nervous but i came here to see if anyone else had gone through the same thing and i felt i had a good chance of approval. I called the new accounts line and because i had a fraud alert they just needed to talk to me. I had to call experian and have them add my phone number to my report and then it got approved! It is 1000.00 but im happy because i at least got my foot in the door with the card i actually wanted. I always wanted a travel card and i feel like as a starter card this a great step in the direction i want to go. 

My stats for anyone that wants to know

I make 32,000 untaxed income

I make 31,000 in taxed income

i have 1 paid collections but it is not mine they merged my sisters credit with mine and some of her stuff ended up on my report it is in dispute.

5 well now 7 inquiries 1 being a mortgage 1 being a car the rest credit cards

2 are falling off this month and the 3 will be falling off in september.

2 chargeoffs from military star and one for navy federal the 2 charge offs fall off in Decemeber of this year

1 car loan -never missed a payment-1 year 6 month in

1-personal loan-never missed a payment -2 years in

Capital One Quicksilver-500 credit limit 3 years old never missed a payment

Credit One Platinum-850 Credit limit 3 years old never missed a payment

Victoria Secret-550 limit never missed a payment

Discover It cashback- 1200 7 months old never missed a payment

Amex Delta Gold-1000 limt Brand new

Entering the garden as of now because i want to try again for a mortgage hopefully if and when the Covid-19 pandemic is undercontrol.

Long post but i hope it helps give someone else hope as all of you did to me when i first started my credit journey. My tip is to go slow if you make mistakes learn from them quickly ask questions and try not to scratch the "itch." 

21 REPLIES 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Delta Gold Amex approval with 641! Yay!

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 22
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Congratulation's on your approval and your foot in the door with AMEX. Good luck with your journey 👍. 

NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 13,000 | Discover 19,500 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=764 | EX=775 | TU=757scores and CL current as of 04/04/24 AAoA years 24 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! 👍

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much!

Message 5 of 22
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Aloha All,

This my first post after lurking on the boards for more than 3 years. I started my credit journey with a shot in the foot because my parents used my social security card to buy things in my name. I was upset but decided not to press charges, it still messes with me to this day(mentally). 3 years ago i applied for a Cap 1 got approved for 350 and then the limit was raised to 500 about 6 months later. I paid a day late by accident and now it wont budge. I also applied for a Credit one and started with a 350 limit then it raised 2 more times to 850 as of now. Last year after not applying for 2 years i got approved for a discover it cash back card for 1200 it was my biggest limit yet and i was very happy. My goal has been to get into Amex and i started checking the preapprovals page about Dec 2019. They never had anything that i could qualify for but then two days ago i tried again and I was preapproved. I applied but then it said my name didnt match their records and i lost the prequalified page. So i just cold applied and got the 14 day decision message. I was nervous but i came here to see if anyone else had gone through the same thing and i felt i had a good chance of approval. I called the new accounts line and because i had a fraud alert they just needed to talk to me. I had to call experian and have them add my phone number to my report and then it got approved! It is 1000.00 but im happy because i at least got my foot in the door with the card i actually wanted. I always wanted a travel card and i feel like as a starter card this a great step in the direction i want to go. 

My stats for anyone that wants to know

I make 32,000 untaxed income

I make 31,000 in taxed income

i have 1 paid collections but it is not mine they merged my sisters credit with mine and some of her stuff ended up on my report it is in dispute.

5 well now 7 inquiries 1 being a mortgage 1 being a car the rest credit cards

2 are falling off this month and the 3 will be falling off in september.

2 chargeoffs from military star and one for navy federal the 2 charge offs fall off in Decemeber of this year

1 car loan -never missed a payment-1 year 6 month in

1-personal loan-never missed a payment -2 years in

Capital One Quicksilver-500 credit limit 3 years old never missed a payment

Credit One Platinum-850 Credit limit 3 years old never missed a payment

Victoria Secret-550 limit never missed a payment

Discover It cashback- 1200 7 months old never missed a payment

Amex Delta Gold-1000 limt Brand new

Entering the garden as of now because i want to try again for a mortgage hopefully if and when the Covid-19 pandemic is undercontrol.

Long post but i hope it helps give someone else hope as all of you did to me when i first started my credit journey. My tip is to go slow if you make mistakes learn from them quickly ask questions and try not to scratch the "itch." 

Welcome to the Amex family!! Congrats on your approval!!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 22
EverForward
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your Delta Gold Amex approval.  Thank you, appreciate your detailed DP.  Your persistence overcoming several challenges is paying off nicely.  Best wishes with your pending home purchase.

Message 7 of 22
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 8 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your kind words, everyone is so nice here

It is very refreshing.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.