Re: Delta Platinum - Amex still has me on a leash

Congratulations on your approval! 👍

Message 11 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

In todays credit environment, an approval is 3x better than a denialSmiley Wink CongratsSmiley Happy

Thanks AJC! That's a good way to put a positive spin on it. 

No problemSmiley Happy for longest time Amex wouldnt give me another increase on any card but in Jan i was finally approved for a 3x on my 1k Bonvoy. Sometimes if ones debt is high or too much exposure in comparison to ones income with same lender can have effects. My biggest fear is losing all ive achieved to job loss, upcoming, so sometimes enjoy even the little victories such as any approval as a small limit can grow whereas a huge limit can fall or riseSmiley Wink. Stay safe and cleanSmiley Happy

Message 12 of 17
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new addition!

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

In todays credit environment, an approval is 3x better than a denialSmiley Wink CongratsSmiley Happy

Thanks AJC! That's a good way to put a positive spin on it. 

No problemSmiley Happy for longest time Amex wouldnt give me another increase on any card but in Jan i was finally approved for a 3x on my 1k Bonvoy. Sometimes if ones debt is high or too much exposure in comparison to ones income with same lender can have effects. My biggest fear is losing all ive achieved to job loss, upcoming, so sometimes enjoy even the little victories such as any approval as a small limit can grow whereas a huge limit can fall or riseSmiley Wink. Stay safe and cleanSmiley Happy

I can understand Amex being cautious at the moment with everything going on. Not much exposure with them at the moment relative to my income; in addition to the Delta there's only the BCE which is currently at 0 after being PIF and a small loan to add some variety.

I'm fortunate that I don't have to worry about my job, it's not going anywhere, but Amex doesn't know that. Along those same lines though, it's something that absolutely cannot be done from home, so I head out every day. Regardless of natural disaster, virus, quarantine, massive blackout, lockdown or whatever the situation may be, now or at any other time, I have to go in. "Social distancing" isn't exactly an option either, but we do our best, so I appreciate your thoughts! Be safe and good health to you as well.

Message 14 of 17
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!!

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 16 of 17
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!! Anything is better than a denial. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.