Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Platinum... Nice SUB

tag
Bizambish
Regular Contributor

Delta Platinum... Nice SUB

Little behind in posting this but I love my Amex cards and recently saw that I was pre approved for basically every credit and charge card on the site so I started to do some homework. I’m a big Delta fan and doing a lot of traveling now so when I saw the limited time SUB offer I had to jump on it. 75,000 mile sign up bonus for 3k in spend! Plus 5000 mqm’s, a $100 statement credit for making any purchase with delta, and every year on the card anniversary, a free companion certificate! I’ll now downgrade my gold card to the blue to avoid double annual fees, but I’m stoked for the new card. I suppose they’ll get me next year with the Delta reserve and the even bigger annual fee, lol

Start: Low 500’s
Most Recent: 738-745
Over 180K CL Club
Focusing on Delta, Hilton, Amex MR, Alaska miles, Citi TYP, and Chase UR
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delta Platinum... Nice SUB

Congrats on the approval!

Instead of going down to blue, are you eligible to just shift the gold limit to platinum and close the gold? If you’ve had the gold more than a year you could do it without Amex getting irked, keep almost all of the combined limits of the two cards, and just put all the spend on the platinum. I’m doing this after the first of the year with my Hilton cards, since I don’t need two of them. Just going to reallocate to the Ascend and close the base card.
Message 2 of 12
Bizambish
Regular Contributor

I could do that as well but I’m very sensitive to waking the bear with Amex bc I have so many different rewards with them and I have a lot more in the pipeline! Haha.... last thing I want to do is open a new card and lose the SUB. I don’t need any higher limit on the platinum but I will shift over all but 500 bucks to it before I downgrade it to blue. I think it’s better for my reports in the long run to keep the cards open as well. Those are just my thoughts. However, some day when I hit my credit card limit with Amex and they ask me to close one in order to open another one that’s when I’ll probably have to get rid of it :-)

Start: Low 500’s
Most Recent: 738-745
Over 180K CL Club
Focusing on Delta, Hilton, Amex MR, Alaska miles, Citi TYP, and Chase UR
Message 3 of 12
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!!
Message 5 of 12
Winesnoblv
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

I also saw the SUB offer and jumped on it. 

I had enough of American's delays and decided to begin flying Delta. 

Approved for the card on Monday and had it in hand Wednesday.

FICO 8 EX 784 TU 786 EQ 786
FICO 9 EX 780
AMEX - Platinum, BCP, Delta Platinum, Simply Cash Plus, Blue Business Cash (Business)
Barclay - Arrival Plus, AAdvantage Aviator
Capital One - Venture, Sparks (Business)
Chase - FU, CSP
Citi - Premier, PLOC
Discover It Miles
TD Cash Visa
US Bank Altitude Reserve
Wells Fargo Propel AMEX
PNC Points Visa
FNBO Evergreen Visa
Message 6 of 12
joesbrat67
Contributor

That's awesome.  I've been contemplating app'ing for the Platinum card, but havent made the move just yet.  I'm curious, though.  What are the CLs per card?  I have the BCP with a $25K limit and was wondering if the CL on my next card might wind up being lower as a result. That might play into the app decision.

Active Cards:

Sock Drawer Cards:

Cards in consideration for 2019:

FICO Scores as of 04/24/2019:

Peak FICO Scores - Prior 90 Days:

Message 7 of 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats there!

Message 8 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 9 of 12
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your Delta Platinum approval and ENJOY the SUB!!! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.