Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta skymiles CLI on approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delta skymiles CLI on approval?

Just got approved for a Skymiles with a SL of 1000. Has anyone had success getting CLI at activation with this limit? Or is it best for me to wait it out 61 days? 

Current EX 675. Thanks. 

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delta skymiles CLI on approval?

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got approved for a Skymiles with a SL of 1000. Has anyone had success getting CLI at activation with this limit? Or is it best for me to wait it out 61 days? 

Current EX 675. Thanks. 

Congrats on the Delta Amex approval. You can request a CLI upon activation or wait at least 60 days. Two co-workers that I helped them to apply for an Amex card, both of them were told to wait at least 60 days. However, there are some members that Amex have approved them a CLI upon activation. It could be a hit and run to base three or wait until the next round!

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved in November and was able to secure a substantial increase on the day of the approval.  I now have to wait 180 days for the next increase.  Good luck!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was your EX score when you requested a cli? 

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Experian score 720 at the time

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. I've got the 60k miles offer, so I'll be applying for it soon. However, I'm sure I'll only get a $1k credit limit as well.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

LAKINGS

Will you try for the 3X CLI at activation? what is your EX score?

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

LAKINGS

Will you try for the 3X CLI at activation? what is your EX score?

I am just starting my credit history, only 6 months in. I haven't checked my FICO score yet, but all indications are that it should be around 700. Haven't thought about when I'll try the 3x CLI, but I'm curious if you can do it at activation as well. How many miles was your offer? Mine for 60k was targeted.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only received the 30k offer. I spoke with a AMEX CSR and was told the 61 day rule is no longer in effect an you can infact request at time of activation. but depending on my scores.. i may just wait a month or so.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I only received the 30k offer. I spoke with a AMEX CSR and was told the 61 day rule is no longer in effect an you can infact request at time of activation. but depending on my scores.. i may just wait a month or so.

Only 30k ouch. Good to hear on the 60 day rule not being in effect. I fly Delta a lot, but AmEx is really appealing to me for being able to get to a large credit limit fast even if they only give you $1,000-2,000 to start. Lots of other banks are hard to get CLI's from.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.